Slow cooker Turkey.... Just crazy enough to work?

(7 Posts)
MooPointCowsOpinion Sat 12-Nov-16 09:54:10

If I slow cooked the turkey in our giant slow cooker, would I be right in thinking it would be a lot more moist?

Anyone tried it?

HighDataUsage Sat 12-Nov-16 10:18:16

I've not tried it with a Turkey but I have tried it with a chicken and it was really, really moist. My 80 something next door neighbour declared it was the best roast she'd ever eaten slightly tipsy on sherry but a very lovely thing to say. I just put the chicken joint in the slow cooker at 1pm on medium heat with vegetables, stock cube and salt & pepper with about a mouthful of water at the bottom. I turned it over halfway and transformed it to the oven at 4:30pm to Brown off for 45 mins. Just remember to slather it well with butter to get a lovely golden colour.

A whole Turkey might be too big for the slow cooker but a crown would certainly fit. Try a practice run a few weeks beforehand to get the timings right so you are confident about it all before Dec 25th.

HighDataUsage Sat 12-Nov-16 10:19:30

Not a mouthful of water a mugful! Bloody autocorrect!

HighDataUsage Sat 12-Nov-16 10:20:34

Ahh! transferred not transformed! Sorry

flapjackfairy Sat 12-Nov-16 10:57:04

Prefered transformed ! Made me smile!

SidneyPiecrust Sat 12-Nov-16 12:56:47

I've done this with a crown,, works briliantly also heat Christmas pudding in it.

MooPointCowsOpinion Sat 12-Nov-16 20:35:06

Yes! So excited to try it. We will have a free oven for everything else then too, and obviously need a practise run so double the turkey dinner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now