The dreaded toiletries gift set, your recommendations please.

(40 Posts)
TheDuchessofDukeStreet Sat 12-Nov-16 00:35:32

Hi everyone. DP has asked me to choose a toiletries gift set as a Christmas present for his sister. I do not know her very well but would say Bath and body rather than face/make up. Not sure what scent she likes either so would need to keep it subtle. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Free to spend about £30.

dovesong Sat 12-Nov-16 00:41:07

How old is she? Soap and Glory stuff is lovely quality and smells wonderful and has nice packaging, and you can get a lot for your money this time of year, but might be too young for her.

TheDuchessofDukeStreet Sat 12-Nov-16 00:44:50

Hi Dovesong, she is early forties.

Munchkin08 Sat 12-Nov-16 00:44:59

Lush X

7SunshineSeven7 Sat 12-Nov-16 00:46:52

Can't you just give her a £30 Boots gift voucher? I hated (though I appreciated the thought and effort) when I got bath stuff as I have very sensitive skin. I'm allergic to everything in Lush and a lot of other products too, including some perfumes. If I get a Boots gift card I can choose the brand and still get myself a toiletry thing smile

hollieberrie Sat 12-Nov-16 00:47:20

NEALS yard? Origins?
Have a look at John lewis, they have lots of posh and classy type gift sets, classy and hard not to like. For 30 quid you should be able to get a lovely one.

Featherhead Sat 12-Nov-16 00:47:48

Korres

MrsWildermac Sat 12-Nov-16 00:48:19

L'occitane almond shower oil. It's thick and luxurious. You can use it as a shower gel, bath oil or even rub it into your skin after a bath or shower. You can buy it alone or as part of a set and it smells gorgeous. That, or a bath oil from Jo Malone - some are around £30ish and I'd much prefer one quality thing to a mediocre set iyswim?

EstelleRoberts Sat 12-Nov-16 00:49:03

Philosophy. You can get gift sets in John Lewis, but you will get more bang for your buck from QVC.

dovesong Sat 12-Nov-16 00:51:06

I'd go for something ted baker, sanctuary or champneys from boots, maybe? They're pretty neutral but everyone seems to like them and you can get nice things for that price.

TheDuchessofDukeStreet Sat 12-Nov-16 01:06:24

Thank you for the replies everyone. I see the point about the voucher suggestion and really that's what I'd prefer but DP is getting her an Amazon voucher as her main present and wants her to have a couple of parcels to open. I'm swithering between a more restrained present of a brand such as Clarins and a larger set of less expensive things.

viques Sat 12-Nov-16 01:20:06

Molton brown, I would love anything from their range, look out for the smaller mixed sets. As someone above said QVC often have good deals.

I8toys Sat 12-Nov-16 06:16:09

Rituals or L'occitane. Also Nuxe. I would personally get a few luxury items and not a bargain set.

I8toys Sat 12-Nov-16 06:20:22

Also White Company Seychelles. Someone bought it for me and I loved it. Then I bought it for my mum and she's asked for it again this year. I also bought myself some more with 20% off code floating around.

Cocochoco Sat 12-Nov-16 06:31:13

Oh definitely get something smaller from an expensive range. Neal's Yard or Clarins or Jo Malone (actually any posh brand) would be amazing but i would charity-shop anything like Champeneys.

doublehelpings Sat 12-Nov-16 06:36:38

Have a look at m and s. If you spend 35 you get a huge advent calendar with 250 pounds worth of goods for 30. I think that's the deal. They stock a wide range of brands. I think they're also selling a set for 30 instead of 60 which is very big but all nail varnishes etc so more make up. You could get to treat yourself at the same time basically.

doublehelpings Sat 12-Nov-16 06:40:34

The deal is still on and having just checked it I've convinced myself I need the advent calendar. It's bloomin huge!

TheDuchessofDukeStreet Sat 12-Nov-16 07:27:35

Just had a look at the M&S advent calendar, it is certainly very fine and lovely. However, Sil would almost certainly not use the make up things. But I think you should go for it doublehelpings, you definitely need it!(grin).

HmmmmBop Sat 12-Nov-16 07:37:33

Will you need it before Christmas? Boots normally reduce their toiletries sets just before Christmas to half price and you can get some amazing bargains. The sanctuary sets are normally half price and great - I stock up for the year grin

wobblywonderwoman Sat 12-Nov-16 07:42:51

I would definitely prefer a Clarins hand cream t a big cheaper set as it is something I wouldn't buy myself

BeaLola Sat 12-Nov-16 08:00:04

I would go for Jo Malone bath oil or Aromatherapy Bath oils set or if M&S have their 20% off offer on before Christmas something from Neom like the Moroccan Rose bath oil or body oil.

I like products from the White Company too - I think the bargain thread has a 20% off code mentioned ? I would choose for myself or dear friend the Winter diffuser, the winter candle, the Seychelles diffuser or perhaps something from the spa range ? Depending on colours etc and her likes maybe using the discount code one of the Pom scarfs - jigsaw have nice ones too but could be just over £30 budget.

Or failing all that so she has something to open that is useful but nice the Chanel compact mirror.

derektheladyhamster Sat 12-Nov-16 08:04:06

Molten brown, l'occutaine, space nk, nuxe are all brands I'd love to receive.

microsnake Sat 12-Nov-16 08:05:04

Qvc elemis set is on offer today looks lush

Xmasbaby11 Sat 12-Nov-16 08:07:36

I really like the boots gift sets and would go with sanctuary, Ted Baker or Soap and Glory. But obviously if she has high end taste, go for something at John Lewis. It depends what her taste is. I wouldn't buy one classy product as 30 is just too much for one thing unless you know exactly what she likes.

theaveragewife Sat 12-Nov-16 08:09:57

I would go for ren neroli set

Although having a look at the lookfantastic Christmas body sets they have some brilliant things, you could get 2 or 3 little sets for that and there is always a 20% off code on hotukdeals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now