7 year old boy ideas

(14 Posts)
OldJoseph Wed 09-Nov-16 19:57:59

He has an older brother and between them they have so much stuff. He only really likes lego but we have loads of that (plus it will be my suggestion to his aunties when they ask).

What are your 6 / 7 / 8 year old boys getting? I could do with some inspiration.

OSETmum Wed 09-Nov-16 20:14:52

I don't want this to sound rude ( honestly I don't) but there's been tons of 7/8 year old boy threads already so a quick scan down the page (or maybe page 2) will give you a ton of ideas!

OldJoseph Wed 09-Nov-16 20:25:21

I did have a quick scan but I didn't see loads of ideas which is why I asked.

You never know there might be someone out there who sees my thread in 'active' and tells me of their brilliant idea that I've not thought of.

Dolallytats Wed 09-Nov-16 21:17:52

I've bought my DS (although he is 8, the things he likes hasn't really changed in a year) Star Wars Lego, a Nerf gun, bullets and mask, Lego Kylo Ren, Fifa game for the xbox 360, a RC car that climbs walls, a football and goalie gloves and for stocking fillers he has a couple of books and Match Attak cards.

Family members are getting him a West Ham football kit, football boots and a couple of games-Chrono Bomb and some shooting skeleton/alien game that I don't know the name of!!

He had a science experiment set last yeat that went down well. He also had a Lego Star Wars computer game last year.

It's a bit of an awkward age for buying things for boys.

alwaysfancywine Wed 09-Nov-16 21:29:43

i have my eye on this for my 7 year old - gorilla-gym.com/en/

Mummydoctor Wed 09-Nov-16 21:37:18

We have got our 7 year old (from us and grandparents) a BMX Bike, air fix kit, meccano set, Lego city set, power rangers Dino charge sword and some David Walliams books. He's also randomly asked for a giant box of multi flavoured tic tacs grin. Also planning to get a joint subscription for national geographic magazine and an electronics set for him and his 5 yr old brother to share.

OldJoseph Wed 09-Nov-16 22:08:23

You see, it was worth asking, that gorilla gym looks fab! He's asked for a Nerf gun but he already has a couple. We have so much stuff, he got a new bike last year and a trampoline (joint gift) for his birthday. He has a lot of generous relations as well as an older brother so it's hard to think of something new we can buy him.

AmyAmoeba Thu 10-Nov-16 05:26:23

Im not sure that there is such a thing as too much Lego in a little boys mind!

Would Lego books interest him? There's some lovely huge hardback "ideas" books that really stimulate creative okay. If he likes the themes like nexo, ninjago or chima you can pick up sticker books and encyclopaedias that are also great for encouraging their reading because it's all small chunks of interesting text. There are story books too, both text and comic style. I bet he'd be made up with a Lego magazine subscription.

I'm getting my DS the crazy contraptions Lego book which comes with gears and other special bits and pieces. I'm hoping it might expand his thinking a little bit.

He's also getting a Lego watch. Yes, this is also a Lego obsessed household.

I know none of these are a "big" present but maybe the aunties could get the books and you get a set of Lego?

I'd love to get something along these lines for the garden to bring that Lego creativity outdoors.

Hatade16 Thu 10-Nov-16 05:30:57

My son has got

Minecraft animation set
Books
Laser peg set
Gross science set
Knex Mario
Minecraft annual
Lego
Trash cans cars

almamatters Thu 10-Nov-16 09:04:14

My 7 year old loves nerf guns but last year asked for a similar gun that was a bug attack gun or something and it has thread sticky bug things that climb down walls/Windows and you shoot them....he loved it! They have a newer version out this year which I'll get him but the original one is around a tenner I think in b&m

PhilODox Thu 10-Nov-16 09:08:20

That gorilla gym looks amazing, but wouldn't most 7yos be too tall to use it effectively?

NedsMissingHead Thu 10-Nov-16 09:13:16

Alwaysfancygin....I might just love you gringrinmy boy would LOVE that gorilla gym, thanks so much!

missyB1 Thu 10-Nov-16 09:18:02

Ds will be 8 at Christmas he's getting
New bike
Subbuteo football game
New football
Cluedo
Light up Globe of the world

alwaysfancywine Thu 10-Nov-16 09:24:41

Glad I posted the link now - I should be on commission!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now