Can you recommend a doll's house please?

(10 Posts)
Howaboutthisone Tue 08-Nov-16 09:41:32

I'm after one of those tall ish ones which would ideally fit in Barbie/Disney princess type dolls. One that comes furnished and is sturdy but not crazy money would be great. Maybe around £100 budget but could go a bit higher.
Help please!

Howaboutthisone Tue 08-Nov-16 10:38:08

Anyone?

shinook123 Tue 08-Nov-16 10:48:44

I can definitely recommend one.
We bought a kidcraft dolls house (barbie sized) from Amazon quite a few years ago.
They are about £120-150 now.
They come furnished and are excellent quality.
Our girls loved it and it got played with to death for years.

Kittykatmacbill Tue 08-Nov-16 11:52:10

This seems to fit your bill www.tesco.com/direct/kidkraft-amelia-dolls-house/692-2644.prd?skuId=692-2644&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppc_sh-_-sh-_-tesco-_-692-2644&gclid=CI-c3-eLmdACFUUcGwodY94Cxw&gclsrc=aw.ds&source=others. Not seen in reality and it is right at the top of your budget!

mendandmakedo Tue 08-Nov-16 12:17:49

we have a kidicradt one which is white it has lasted a few years however the floor is made of sturdy cardboard and has a drink spilt on it. It is still intact but watermarked

GinIceAndASlice Tue 08-Nov-16 12:27:47

We have this from elc. Its in the sale right now...it took a few hours to put together though as it came flat pack.

www.elc.co.uk/up-to-60pct-off-selected-toys/luxury-manor-doll-house-/143762.html?cgid=e903#srule=Price+%5BHigh+-+Low%5D&sz=24&start=1

Howaboutthisone Tue 08-Nov-16 13:13:07

Those are both lovely thank you! That's a good price on the elc one- I can't see which size dolls that one fits. Am I right in thinking it's Barbie sized ones? I do like that KidKraft one too- how is it to assemble?

GinIceAndASlice Tue 08-Nov-16 13:41:43

Great size for barbie type dolls, ours is a couple years old and fairly sturdy still. Just a bit of a faff to put up when you have had a couple of glasses of vino and are expecting it to take half an hour and you are still going a couple hours later. Brilliant value in the sale though.

EmGee Tue 08-Nov-16 14:02:09

The Elc one is fine for Barbie-sized dolls. I would have bought it but they don't deliver overseas. I have bought a Kidcraft (modern style) one second hand for DD's birthday in Dec. It's huge!! Just to warn you....

It came with some wooden furniture but I have also bought some plastic, pink furniture from Amazon - cheap and won't last probably but the kids LOVE it. Gave them sets early. Got a dining room set which came with cutlery, place mats, glasses and plates. Also some cakes. Really cute!

Howaboutthisone Wed 09-Nov-16 12:00:36

Thank you all! Went for this one in the end

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now