A spy house with spy kit....

(11 Posts)
Alorsmum Tue 08-Nov-16 01:56:22

Anyone else have a kid with spy gear?
Apparently this is a house filled with spy stuff
I'm thinking a play tent
Walkie talkies
And erm?
Had a look a a company called spygear who have things like motion sensors and glasses that record etc - has any one tried this stuff?
For 6 yr old DD

DollopofTrollop Tue 08-Nov-16 02:06:28

My DS is 8 and has asked for the video walkie talkies. £60 cheap tat!!!!

InYourHonour Tue 08-Nov-16 07:07:54

We have the door alarm and the night vision google.
Its tat i'm afraid but with most kids stuff the advert looks awesome.
Both bits we bought we reduced in Smyths at the time

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Tue 08-Nov-16 07:09:14

Argos do a spy bot, which we have. It's pretty robust and part of a collection of other stuff. Maybe try that? Or chronobomb game may fit the bill?

Alorsmum Tue 08-Nov-16 18:00:22

Arrgh to expensive tat!
howmanysleeps robot looks good but she got a remote control car for Xmas last year and it's hardly been used.
Hmm have you got chrono bomb game? Concept sounds awesome but I fear the set up looks more painful than bloody mousetrap

atticusclaw2 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:07:10

Mine had the video watches and played with them about 3 times before they went into a drawer. They liked the voice changer which they still use. And the hand grenade ball thing that ticks and then explodes or makes a distraction sound. That regularly rolls past my feet.

We also bought combat jackets with lots of pockets, binoculars, some face paint, an army camo net, head torches and normal torches the year our DSs wanted "spy stuff" Oh and a few packets of snaps for them to throw down and make bangs with.

atticusclaw2 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:07:40

normal walkie talkies will be better than toy ones.

AGrinWithoutACat Tue 08-Nov-16 18:33:40

Make your own

UV pens
Notepad
Spy book
Spy glasses
Bits of camping/survival gear (age dependant)
Watch
Compass
(Added an old Bluetooth earpiece to ours for pretend play)
Standard walkie talkies
Torch/whistle
fingerprint kit
Black snood (one of the ones that can be a scarf or a dozen diff hats) /black gloves/ t-shirt/trousers
Black bag to keep it all in

(I tried to convince DD that spies wouldn't wear all black but she had none of it but meant that she has had use out of the clothes for more than just play)

imip Tue 08-Nov-16 18:42:32

There is a great book called SPYOLOGY that is part of the OLOGY series and it's really cool. 6 might be a little young, but you can 'read' it on youtube. I got a bargain one on eBay. Although brand new, it was obviously an overstock, but it's for dd1 for Christmas. Dd2 already has one but won't share!

Alorsmum Tue 08-Nov-16 19:55:45

Awesome ideas thank you!!

AmyAmoeba Wed 09-Nov-16 05:00:49

Lemon juice makes awesome invisible ink for writing secret messages. Just leave on the radiator to dry and it becomes visible. This kept us busy for hours as kids! (You probably don't want to hear about the tin can telephones though!)

If you draw a simple map of the house or a room plan and scan it and make copies, you can mark secret locations in invisible ink!

Two circles of cardboard and one of those split pin thingies to join them make a code wheel for writing secret messages.

check out this and this den kit too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now