Perfect present for DD (2 on Boxing Day!) that we can take on holiday with us

(16 Posts)
sweetmelody Mon 07-Nov-16 09:24:05

We are planning to travel to Spain on Boxing Day for a week. Not least because it is her birthday on Boxing Day but, can anyone suggest any toys that would be perfect to take with us? Not that concerned about playing with it on the plane, but needs to fit into hand luggage or not be too weighty so we can put in the hold. Feel bad that she will have to leave her pressies behind sad

monkeymamma Mon 07-Nov-16 09:30:11

My ds is similar age.
I'd take...
Jigsaws (2 or 3 piece)
Water magic colouring book or aqua mat (the colouring books are 3+ but my eldest had them, we just threw away the cap from the water pen and did close supervision etc)
Duplo set (maybe one with animals)
Little cars or trucks
Stacking cups or something else she can build up and knock down
Crayons and a pad

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 07-Nov-16 09:36:05

What about some kind of little portable dolls house so it has a few elements to play with?

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 07-Nov-16 09:36:33

I think you can even get fabric ones.

sweetmelody Mon 07-Nov-16 10:37:40

Thanks monkeymamma I will make sure that her stocking fillers are all portable. Have been meaning to get an Aquadraw for a while...

Wankers grin I had the idea of a portable kitchen (she is getting a full size one as a gift) but a dolls house is even better.

DOes anyone know of a good one before I have a scout around?

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 07-Nov-16 10:45:46

Playmobil 123 do take along sets. Not sure if there is a house, but sure there is a farm and a zoo if those would be of interest?

sweetmelody Mon 07-Nov-16 11:03:20

Was just coming on to say 'aargh! I love the playmobil portable dolls house' but it looks too old for her. Although she doesn't put things into her mouth, so would just be concerned she wouldn't get as much out of it. Anyone have it for a younger child?

Didn't know about Playmobil 123 but will see what they have in that range. Thanks

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 07-Nov-16 11:07:19

I have boys (teenagers now) and they loved the playmobil farm and got a lot out of it. It also fitted inside itself and wasn't huge. I'm not sure about dolls houses. Might be worth staring a separate thread with that in the title?

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 07-Nov-16 11:08:00

It was the playmobil 123 farm I should say.

2014newme Mon 07-Nov-16 11:12:42

Inflatable pool.toys
Wetsuit
Am assuming heated pool or services it would be too.cold

whirlwinds Mon 07-Nov-16 11:20:42

I got my son a kid size cabin case which he could fill up with toys, books and things he likes. He was 3 when he got it and still loves having his own suitcase a couple years later.

Somerville Mon 07-Nov-16 11:22:13

I wouldn't take anything with as many little bits as Playmobile on holiday.

Rather than a dolls house how about a baby doll or build a bear cuddly toy with a change of clothes. You could either get one of the slings for her to carry a baby doll on her front or the build a bear rucksack with holes for their legs to carry a cuddly on her back.

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Nov-16 11:23:08

Trunki? She can ride on itst the airport. And put any special teddies in it.

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 07-Nov-16 11:25:13

123 has a lot fewer pieces Somerville, so a safer option than actual playmobil. It's for 18 months plus.

ChristmasEvePJs Mon 07-Nov-16 17:00:42

A trunki and duplo. DD loved her gruffalo trunki it was a godsend on trips!

GreenGinger2 Mon 07-Nov-16 17:44:14

Baby Stella

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now