Ideas for 5 month old who has nothing

(14 Posts)
Hatade16 Sat 05-Nov-16 07:37:34

Dd will be 5 months st Xmas. Third baby but after a gap of 7 years she has nothing. No toys apart from a play mat and I really can't remember what they like around that age!

Help!

fitzbilly Sat 05-Nov-16 07:40:49

I guess a toy of some sort?

My Ds will also be five months old, I've got him some stacking rings.

MrsAukerman Sat 05-Nov-16 07:42:19

Soft cubes to stack and knock over
Sophie giraffe to teeth on
Ikea antilop highchair
Drum

KC225 Sat 05-Nov-16 07:44:34

Early learning baby toys.

defineme Sat 05-Nov-16 07:45:40

Cloth books
Those plastic eggs in an egg box
Door bouncer thing, not sure what age they are for

TheFlyingFauxPas Sat 05-Nov-16 07:47:07

Yy stacking rings. I was about to say stacking cups. Most popular toy in our house looks over to basket in bathroom where stacking cups still live and ds is almost 14

FrizzyNoodles Sat 05-Nov-16 07:51:19

A jumparoo? Mine loves hers and has had it since she was 6 months.
A mirror
comfort blanket
dangly things for the buggy
balls to roll under the sofa

FrizzyNoodles Sat 05-Nov-16 07:51:44

And high chair toys

SleepFreeZone Sat 05-Nov-16 07:55:27

They really don't need much at this age. I'd probably just have a look at somewhere like ELC and the appropriate age range and see what's available. My son seems to favour a rattle I made out of a clear plastic bottle and small beads. I glued the lid shut and he loves shaking it like a nutter.

Chimchar Sat 05-Nov-16 08:00:35

When my third baby was tiny, I bought him lots of practical things, just to be sure that he had a pile of pressies so that the other two kids wouldn't wonder why Santa had forgotten him.

He had bibs, a new bowl and some spoons, vests, wet wipes, a few new teething toys.

Poor thing, he was the king of the hand-me-down. Still is! wink

Ladydepp Sat 05-Nov-16 08:09:50

Definitely stacking cups and a baby gym/mat.

And a small plastic bottle filled with dried pasta to shake - seriously that was one of my dc's favourite toy for ages !

BellaGoth Sat 05-Nov-16 08:21:38

We've just ordered a cot mobile and a fisher price beat Bo thing in the argos 3 for 2 sale for DD, who will be nearly 5 months by Christmas.

Other people are buying her a My Pal Violet
, photo album, cuddly toys etc.

Nanasueathome Sat 05-Nov-16 08:23:11

Jumperoo
Tomy eggs
Stacking blocks
Picture books
Playmat

gigglingHyena Sat 05-Nov-16 09:14:20

First favorites here were the winkle and skwish

Tomy hide and squeek eggs

Stacking cups, I think ours and an elc set, which have holes in the bottom. Bought for DDs first Christmas at 5 months, still used by the 9 year old in the bath & paddling pool.

foil survival blanket, lots of babies seem to love laying on them as they are so light and crinkle when baby moves. I've often found them in the £ shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now