Pink hatchimals available at ToysRus now!

(13 Posts)

That is all.

Mic drop.

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Sat 05-Nov-16 07:58:09

Thank you!

Letustryagain Sat 05-Nov-16 08:08:20

Oh so it's your fault the whole of MN is on there buying them then!!! smile smile smile!!! Obviously said in jest!!

Been trying to buy it for half an hour but the website crashes everytime you try to pay. Not too worried though we managed, by fluke, to get a Green one about 3 weeks ago so at least we have one. Although I know DD would prefer a pink one...

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Sat 05-Nov-16 08:12:33

Ah, same problem here. PayPal receipt to say they've taken the money but no order receipt or confirmation confused

Letustryagain Sat 05-Nov-16 08:27:17

Same here - 2 paypal payments and tried twice by card. I know I need to give up but I'm almost at the 'I will not let the system beat me!' stage.

Having said that DH just had a look at the Toysrus website on his phone and it said that they are only available in stores now and not home delivery. I'm hoping it's because they are holding them all in baskets for the likes of us while they fix it, but it's not looking hopeful... sad

IamChipmunk Sat 05-Nov-16 08:27:39

I couldn't get one either. Website just crashing.
Gave Dsil the heads up too and she had the same issues.
oh well!

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sat 05-Nov-16 08:31:57

Well I've entered payment details several times but it just freezes solid. I've also tried to pay with PayPal and now I've got a pending payment to bloody toysrus that I'm having a mare cancelling.
Of course now there are none in stock for delivery😟Just wondering if any money will come out of my account anyway.
Heads up was great Journey but I'm obviously not quick enough.

Letustryagain Sat 05-Nov-16 08:42:41

I think none of the websites are prepared for the traffic that they're going to get. I don't know about anyone else but my stress levels rocketed this morning. Feel much better now I've given up though.

I also don't get why the company isn't making enough of them in the first place!!! Ggrrrr...

Lucy, I wouldn't worry about Paypal. They will only release the money once they receive confirmation from Toysrus, which they won't get so you won't lose out there. I've tried to pay twice by card aswell and that's what I'm worrying about.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sat 05-Nov-16 08:56:02

WhyHas my paypal shows an order request has gone to Toysrus customer enquiries and has an expiry day of June 2017. This means that if at any time before then they are in stock they will fulfill my order. You can't cancel with PayPal, Toysrus have to cancel the transaction. I've had to email as can't get through on phone. check if yours has actually gone through it is pending like mine.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sat 05-Nov-16 09:10:37

Just got through to toysrus and they have said that apparently the transaction will just be deleted from my PayPal account in a couple of days as no order has actually been placed successfully. I'll check to make sure and hope that's the case.
The lady I spoke to said there were very few available online anyway so this mess was inevitable! What a shame that again in the run up to Xmas the big stores can't treat their customers better. Not everyone lives near a toy shop and it's frustrating that my child amongst many others is likely to be very disappointed on Xmas morning even though their parents have done everything they can but with no success.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sat 05-Nov-16 09:24:49

Thanks Letus, I was just worried that as Paypal show it as valid till June 2017 that at any point it could be fulfilled and paid out. Hope that's not the case.
I got all the way through the checkout with my bank details too several times and it looked as if they were going through before the page froze, I just kept entering them though. It's funny how we get so desperate that being sensible just goes out the window. Now I'm worried too that my bank details are floating round in the ether somewhere. I don't think I'm cut out for all this technology.

RiverTam Sat 05-Nov-16 09:27:20

Can someone explain the point of these to me, I've only just come across them. £60 for an egg with a small cuddly toy in? Is that it?

Sorry for the mayhem ladies. I managed to get one on Thursday by signing up to that stock alert website. When I got another alert I thought I'd let you know. The entertainer have been good but surely it shouldn't be so hard to get one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now