Tricky DM

(5 Posts)
PixieMiss Wed 02-Nov-16 15:24:38

Hoping for some help with my DM's gifts please!

I've posted about my DM before and how she expects me to spend £££ on her for Xmas. This year that is just not feasible (maternity pay most of year, moving into our house and getting married) but she seemed to get the hump each time it was brought up.

She wouldn't appreciate clothes, house or garden things. She likes naice things so I was thinking something along the lines of makeup? A nice gift box?

Any ideas truly welcome!

flapjackfairy Wed 02-Nov-16 18:38:23

My best idea is spend what you can afford and ignore any emotional blackmail!!
Why not go for a nice candle or buy a hamper and fill with little treats. I am doing that for my son who loves different and exotic foods. I got a lovely lined basket for under a tenner online and you could fill with little make up type of treats , nice gloves,small candle etc if she would prefer that to food.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Wed 02-Nov-16 20:32:29

A book filled with photos, memories, mementoes of your life together?
I think a black and white photo with a white mount and a black frame always looks classy
Something from Boden. They often have good offers. I'm getting some lovely slippers for myself blush

HandbagCrazy Wed 02-Nov-16 20:47:32

We have a family member like this OP, and to be honest, the more specific their gift list becomes, the more bland the gift I buy becomes (for example we were told only a ££££ smelliest set and Ugg boots. I bought slippers and pjs). It's not in the spirit of the season, but neither is being a demanding pain in the ass.

KC225 Wed 02-Nov-16 21:13:27

Chanel make up mirror. £26.00
Chanel make up remover £22.00
Quite luxurious, get them to gift wrap in on the fancy bags, ask them to throw in a couple of sample. Done for less than £50.00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now