Gift suggestions for 19 month old please!

(9 Posts)
catsofa Sun 30-Oct-16 20:24:25

I'm a bit stumped for what to get my son, and I need to buy soon so I can spread the cost of Xmas as it's going to be a bit tight this year.

What do your 1.5 - 2 year olds play with the most?

jools20 Mon 31-Oct-16 00:01:37

scuttlebug / duplo / ikea easel

SimplyNigella Mon 31-Oct-16 07:40:05

DS was 2 just after Christmas last year and I tried to buy a combination of toys for him to play with straight away and toys that he would grow into over the year (as his birthday and Christmas are so close it seemed sensible).

The favourite presents that have been played with regularly are:
- Duplo
- Wooden train set
- Kitchen and play food
- Play cleaning set (broom, mop, bucket etc)

catsofa Tue 01-Nov-16 23:45:05

Thanks those are great ideas. We have some Duplo already but more is better with that sort of thing isn't it? Same with train sets.

I'd never heard of a scuttlebug but they look awesome!

Kitchen is a contender if I can figure out where it would actually go in the house - will definitey get some more play food and pots, he's a bit obsessed with pretending to cook.

Thanks for your help!

DragonNoodleCake Tue 01-Nov-16 23:48:11

Scuttle bugs are amazing! I second that suggestion

DragonNoodleCake Tue 01-Nov-16 23:49:26

Child friendly musical instruments, tambourine, drum, shakers etc. You can get some lovely low cost wooden sets

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Tue 01-Nov-16 23:59:47

Following as my DD will be a similar age. I think I'm going to get her a kitchen and her dads going to get her a ride on car.

Lifeisabeach Wed 02-Nov-16 13:46:42

DS is 19 months and I'm planning to get the Ikea kitchen for him, plus a play kettle and toaster. We already have loads of play food from my older DC.

Also thinking about the Toot-Toot garage as he enjoys the fire station he got for his 1st birthday (it is a bit annoying though!).

He loves "helping" with cleaning so I might also get a toy hoover, dustpan and brush etc.

ALemonyPea Wed 02-Nov-16 13:50:25

I have two nephews, aged 2 and 17 months old, and they both love the VTech Toot toot stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now