Dolls house

(15 Posts)
LondonTizz Wed 26-Oct-16 21:06:12

Can anyone recommend a lovely dolls house. Want to buy my 4 year old her first one for Christmas. Would like it to be wooden and not too pink.

Happy to pay for one if it will last years and be the only one I need to get her. Has anyone found the perfect one?

Thanks!

SnugglySnerd Wed 26-Oct-16 21:07:29

We are thinking of getting the wooden one from Asda. It is £50, really lovely, has real lights!

autumnintheair Wed 26-Oct-16 21:10:00

Ebay, I am afraid DH are white horses.

You cant sell them on.
So i would look there you can pick up amazing dolls houses for a very very good price.

We had a stunning le toy van castle, it cost 99 and was beautiful. I tried to selll it - couldn't even get £30 for it when it was a year old.
I wasnt prepared to sell it for less, I am thankful we kept it though as dd 2 came along and plays with it loads smile

but as an example, ours was almost new and barely played with.

justabigdisco Wed 26-Oct-16 21:12:17

Watching as I have the exact same question! Has anyone seen the Asda one in real life? Is it nice quality?

SnugglySnerd Wed 26-Oct-16 21:14:21

They have one set up in the shop. It seems very nice but have only had quite a quick look.

DeleteOrDecay Wed 26-Oct-16 23:22:18

The Asda ones are great. I got one for dd1 last year. They have changed the style of them slightly this year but I had a look in store and they still seem fine. I 'decorated' the inside of it with felt ('carpet') and spare wall paper as I felt it was a bit bland inside but that's personal choice. They do one at £35 which is their basic model and also another bigger one at £50 which has lights although I've not had a look at that one close up.

SallyR0se Wed 26-Oct-16 23:25:20

A lovely wooden dolls house is a great investment. Much better than a plastic Barbie house! I still have the Swiss chalet I was given more than 30 years ago. And I plan to pass it on to my best friend's girls.

SliceOfLime Wed 26-Oct-16 23:25:27

We have this one by Hape and it gets played with a lot by 5yo and 2yo: Dollshouse

attheendoftheday Thu 27-Oct-16 00:07:43

Ebay is good for dolls houses if you are able to collect. We have a Le Toy Van one which is beautiful. But it gets far more use with playmobil or sylvanian families than more traditional dollshouse dolls.

outnumbered38 Thu 27-Oct-16 00:10:13

We have the Asda one (not the new bigger one with lights though - jealous!). There was an offer on which meant the house and furniture came to about £40, such a bargain and it's a lovely house but is quite pink. The bigger version I think is £50 for just the house but is less pink.

MrsDilligaf Thu 27-Oct-16 05:26:38

Aldi

I believe that this one hits the shops today.

SnugglySnerd Thu 27-Oct-16 09:15:01

The new Asda one isn't pink! It has pale turquoise doors.

EmGee Thu 27-Oct-16 17:36:26

I bought the GLTC one - bit like Le Toy Van. It is ever so lovely! I also made the mistake of buying every set of furniture going which was silly as it doesn't all fit in the house! All you need is a few bits and bobs really - bed, table, chairs, loo. I agree with other PPs that the wooden dolls are not really played with, but lots of other toys (mini Disney princess figurines for example) make their way into the house!

I live abroad so am able to resell it on for more than I could on ebay in the UK. BUT it is still an expensive outlay if it's not going to get used a lot. Ours is in great condition but we are upgrading to a huge wooden doll house for Barbie-sized dolls. If I was to start doll shopping again, I would have gone straight for the Barbie-sized house rather than this smaller one!

LondonTizz Thu 27-Oct-16 20:40:44

Thanks everyone. Had seen the adds house from a few years ago but not realised there was a newer version which is less pink.

Like the look of the hape one too but was hoping to get one with doors that can be closed up- guess that's not that important though?

Will check out eBay too as am not bothered about it being brand new!

Any other suggestions?

LondonTizz Thu 27-Oct-16 20:51:14

Asda house!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now