There is nothing my kids want!

(16 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Tue 25-Oct-16 21:10:37

My older 2 children have nothing to ask for this year, 10 and 12 year old, they both have a DS and tablet and DS1 had a mobile for school and I'm not getting DS2 one as he's too young.
They're not big on toys, they prefer craft and construction kits but we have loads of those.
They don't need clothes and we have sky/Netflix/Spotify etc for tv and film so they don't require dvds or music.

They both have bikes and scooters... basically they are very lucky boys that have everything they want or need but I can't get them nothing to open, they have 2 younger siblings that will be having various toys and books to open.

Ideas please?

Matchstickbox Tue 25-Oct-16 21:12:58

An experience day thing.
That collect memories not stuff thing?

mamaduckbone Tue 25-Oct-16 21:17:12

How about tickets for something? (Harry Potter studios / theme park?)
One year ds1 had stuff for his bedroom when he didn't need anything big - wall transfers, bed linen set, big framed poster for the wall etc. His bedroom needed decorating anyway so we got him the nice extras for Christmas.

missyB1 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:17:38

Are they musical at all? Guitar? Keyboard?
Board games
Cool bedroom stuff
Tickets for day out / theatre
Cinema gift card

TwigTheWonderKid Tue 25-Oct-16 22:07:29

We're getting our 11 year old a solid fuel rocket kit.
Also surely they can never have enough books or what about a magazine subscription?

Cagliostro Tue 25-Oct-16 22:48:10

Ramp for their bikes. Not too pricey on amazon

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Tue 25-Oct-16 23:47:20

Magazine subscription(s)
Vouchers - bowling, go ape, cinema etc
Change DS for 3DS if isn't already
New DS games
Google play/iTunes voucher
Any sports stuff for anything they do - new bag, balls, rackets etc
Course of lessons - music, ski, snowboard, horse riding etc
Posher toiletries than usual
Mini drinks fridge or water cooler for room
Popcorn or slushy maker or similar

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Tue 25-Oct-16 23:49:30

New wallet with some money in
Watch
Fitbit
Adidas superstar trainers

notagiraffe Wed 26-Oct-16 00:03:24

remote control helicopters
drone
skateboards or rollerskates or a go-kart
a voucher to drive a cool car (they do them for as young as ten at Mercedes Benz world near us so I guess other places do them too.)
Tickets to a live show or experience - helicopter ride, segway, zorbing, paintball etc
diving watch
computer games
new board games to play with the family
comic annuals, books, joke books

defineme Wed 26-Oct-16 00:10:55

Young driver lessons were a big hit with mine. Hampers of favourite sweets/snacks/drinks. Books, quiz games, iq puzzles. Bath hamper with shower gels and lynx etc. Virtual reality thing for 12 yr olds phone. Go pro type cameras for bikes etc. A crazy catch rebound net.

rainbowstardrops Wed 26-Oct-16 00:57:38

Watching this with interest for mine

Gallopingthundercunt Wed 26-Oct-16 01:29:26

DS recently drove an Audi R8 round Donnington Park as a red letter day type gift. He proclaimed it the "best day ever" grin
He needed to be 4ft 10 and a minimum of ten years old. I can't remember what it cost but it was under £100.

enolagayits0815 Wed 26-Oct-16 01:42:27

The solid fuel rocket kit sounds great, where from?

Joinourclub Wed 26-Oct-16 03:42:46

Lego, chocolate, Pokemon stuff, stuff for their bedrooms like bedside lights, bike/scooter accessories eg bell or stickers or cool helmet, pjs pants socks, binoculars or telescope, lunchbox, backpack, tennis racket, swingball,

TwigTheWonderKid Wed 26-Oct-16 22:36:46

enolagay. from www.modelrockets.co.uk

hopeful31yrs Thu 27-Oct-16 17:57:15

Wickeduncle has some great age related ideas.

I wouldn't see this as an issue - just a chance to really surprise them and buy them something they didn't think they'd ever want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now