Help with gift for a friend

(8 Posts)
Makemineacabsauv Tue 25-Oct-16 18:33:37

Help!! Usually spend £10-£15 on my friend but am stumped this year!! Any ideas? She has so much jewellery she doesn't want any more, is a teacher so gets tons of toiletries and is on a diet so doesn't want chocolates. We would share wine/ gin when we see each other so wouldn't see that as a gift. She's had a tough year so want to get her something nice just for her but we agreed we must stick to the budget otherwise it eventually gets out of hand!! It's only meant to be a wee small treat but am stumped and need to get it in next week or so as I'm trying to blitz all the non family/DC presents out of this wage!! All ideas gratefully received!

Leeds2 Tue 25-Oct-16 19:09:07

Does she read? Latest best seller might do. Or a biography of someone she is interested in.

Magazine subscription. Could probably do 6 months for £15?

ErrolTheDragon Tue 25-Oct-16 19:10:55

I'd never say no to a flowering houseplant in winter.

daisydalrymple Tue 25-Oct-16 20:32:45

Nice nail varnish in a good strong colour for winter - opi and the like?

A book and the DVD of the film version alongside it?
A scarf?
One really lovely pair of silk knickers?

missyB1 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:05:36

I second the magazine subscription if you can get one for £15, it will feel like a real treat whenever it arrives.

GeekyWombat Tue 25-Oct-16 21:09:42

Yankee Candle set? I love them but wouldn't spend the money on one for myself IYSWIM. And if you're blitzing multiple gifts there's lots of them on the epic Boots 3 for 2 Christmas deal...

Makemineacabsauv Tue 25-Oct-16 22:39:52

Some lovely ideas thanks!! She doesn't wear nail varnish or like candles but I like the book and DVD idea! Maybe Me before you might go down well, or the magazine subscription. Will look into those , thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now