Christmas morning brunch

(30 Posts)
MothersGrim Sun 23-Oct-16 14:32:46

What does everyone make for a nice easy brunch? I'm doing "lunch" at 5pm so need a good brunch at 11 ish but don't want to spend all day in the kitchen!

All suggestions welcome, I'm guessing it might just be a bacon sandwich and glass of prosecco though! Breakfast is probably going to be an extra sugary normally banned cereal!

RJnomore1 Sun 23-Oct-16 14:35:44

Im planning french toast, bacon and maple syrup with bucks fizz.

We will probably have it around 10 then go out for dinner at 3.30 so it feels okay to have something richer than we usually wood (justifying the maple syrup to myself !)

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 23-Oct-16 14:37:52

Dannish pastries, smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels, fresh fruit, I'd go light so as not to ruin the main event!

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 23-Oct-16 14:40:51

I mean freshfruit salad not just an apple or banana! Sliced melon, pineapple, kiwi, grapes maybe some berries.

ipswichwitch Sun 23-Oct-16 14:42:19

I do Danish pastries, cinnamon rolls, croissants, fruit, yoghurt, and a Nutella pastry tree (on Pinterest) for breakfast. I keep it out as a buffet to pick at for lunch, and have the roast at 5. That way the kids have something to keep them going long enough to actually calm down and eat their Christmas diner!

SealSong Sun 23-Oct-16 14:56:09

I usually do croissants, and fresh fruit salad with greek yogurt. DS usually does bacon roll for himself and anyone else who wants one.

I like to have the fruit salad because it is refreshing, when the rest of the day is mainly heavy food.

SealSong Sun 23-Oct-16 14:56:48

Cinnamon rolls are a good idea, though.

MothersGrim Sun 23-Oct-16 20:21:57

Yum! I think pastries and fruit salad sounds like a really good idea thank you!

Kateallison16 Sun 23-Oct-16 20:29:54

Poached eggs on gammon, served on English muffins with chives scattered over.

If you really don't want to faff though maybe some quick cheesecakes made ahead served (made in) dessert sundae glasses.
Or cheese and bacon puffs made a head and baked on the day?

mmgirish Mon 24-Oct-16 14:38:50

seal do you have a good cinnamon roll recipe?

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 24-Oct-16 14:40:57

I use a cinnamon roll recipe similar to
this Can't find the exact one quickly

Everyone who's tried them raves about them.

mmgirish Sat 05-Nov-16 16:22:12

Thanks for the recipe link!

secondhoneymoon Sat 05-Nov-16 17:02:02

We now have a full English, with Christmas Dinner about 4. When the children were younger, we'd have something mid-morning - bacon butty; smoked salmon & cream cheese bagel; sausage roll are the ones I remember ; or - my fave - croissants with ham and cheese baked til the cheese melted

5Foot5 Sat 05-Nov-16 17:05:02

Bacon rolls, orange juice and Prosecco! smile

goose1964 Sat 05-Nov-16 20:21:47

We do mince pies during present opening then smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with bucks fizz after , lunch is usually at 4

Heirhelp Sat 05-Nov-16 20:28:18

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1056/winter-fruit-salad

I am going to try this in the slow cooker for fruit salad but with cranberries.

Unluckycat1 Sat 05-Nov-16 20:34:40

Cream cheese and salmon in a croissant, which seems a perfectly ott combining of more bog standard brunches we have. I like the avoiding smelling of bacon aspect (used to have bacon most years)

IssyStark Sat 05-Nov-16 22:08:31

Smoked salmon scrambled eggs on bagels.

Think ds1 would rebel if I suggested anything different which is a shame as pastries and fruit sound lovely!

AnarchyKitty Sat 05-Nov-16 22:16:23

Breakfast egg muffins.
naturallynourishing.com/homemade-breakfast-egg-muffins/

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 05-Nov-16 22:22:15

I do these cinnamon buns easiest but non-vegan. Prepared the night before (including icing in an icing bag) and left in a cool place to rise overnight, then just bake. They taste amazing.

Bluntness100 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:27:37

We also do sliced smoked salmon, buttery scrambled eggs and croissants. With orange juice and bubbles, we don't do a pre breakfast of cereal first..,😃 That then does us till Xmas lunch/ dinner.

It's also surprisingly easy to do, eggs in micro, croissants in oven to warm, and take the salmon out its packaging and lay on a serving plate. Ten mins and the jobs done.

Purplehonesty Sat 05-Nov-16 22:30:29

I've decided to do a batch of scones this year around 11/12 and then lunch about 4/5

We'll have tea and scones and jam/cream and some fruit salad for the kids

saintagur Sun 06-Nov-16 05:11:41

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, toast, washed down with champagne.

SimplyNigella Sun 06-Nov-16 07:40:57

French toast casserole (with either cinnamon or Nutella) which I prepare the night before so all I have to do is pop it in the oven.

Mindtrope Sun 06-Nov-16 07:48:04

Bacon rolls.

With proper Scottish bread rolls, crispy, floury, slightly burnt, chewy and flavoursome Usually sold by newsagents who are open for a couple of hours on Christmas morning.
Anyone from Scotland like me will understand me, and also not quite get the quest for the Warburton soft as pillow roll advertising. Rolls should be tough, and the perfect Christmas morning brunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now