Things that the kids can make/help make as presents

(8 Posts)
Hedgyhoggy Thu 20-Oct-16 21:58:26

Just that really? Have a dd (3), ds (7) and ds (10). Would like to make some gifts for family members but need some inspiration. dc all like making food but don't want to leave everything to be made at the last moment for fear of it going off. Bargainous but thoughtful. Thank you

princessconsuelabannahammock Thu 20-Oct-16 22:08:09

I am making a noughts and crosses set. Using a Hessian bag with the board drawn with a sharpie and using pebbles as the noughts and crosses. Loads of examples on pinterest. My dd is 4.

Make some chutney or jam. I like the look of brownie mix in kilner jars with nice labels and cooking instructions.

Flavoured oils - like chilli oil or using different herbs.

Watching for new ideas!

TryingtobePrepared Thu 20-Oct-16 22:28:36

Dd1 age 5 is planting narcissi in terracotta pots she's going to decorate with sharpies for her teacher and TA. for her rainbow leaders I've got fillable baubles from hobbycraft and she's going to make Hama bead rainbow shapes to go inside with cotton wool clouds. Last year we made dog biscuits. I've also got some decoupatch small picture (hobby craft sale and fridge magnet style) frames she's hopefully going to do for grandparents.

thatslow Thu 20-Oct-16 23:10:10

If it doesn't have to be food related, hobby craft sell tote bags for £1. My kids have had fun drawing on these (with sharpies) and they were loved by the people gifted to.

I think the works have draw/paint on mugs at the moment for £2 (although can't comment on quality etc as never used myself)

TreehouseTales Thu 20-Oct-16 23:17:56

Wow love the baubles and rainbow idea. I'm not sure I could do it, never mind my 7 year old but I'd love to have a go at something similar.

MummyTheTramEngine Fri 21-Oct-16 17:46:40

Pack fabric pens, pack ten white tea towels or tote bags, done!

recklessgran Fri 21-Oct-16 18:04:55

Last year my grandchildren made some bird food cakes as a gift for DH. He was really thrilled- there are loads of recipes available online. Cheap and cheerful and a lovely gift. [They also wrote a little poem about grandad feeding the robins to go with it]. Think he might have been a bit teary....

MsVanRein Fri 21-Oct-16 23:50:10

My DS is making customised stepping stones for his grandad's allotment. We have a plastic mould and some cement and pretty stones/glass/beads etc to decorate them.

Last year we made chocolate truffles for nursery teachers which went down well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now