AIBU

(39 Posts)
LazySusan11 Tue 18-Oct-16 14:43:04

To think that given this is a Christmas Topic we should be able to discuss Christmas whenever we like without the bloody humbug hags whinging about what month it is?

Piss off there's loads of other topic you can moan on!

GipsyDanger Tue 18-Oct-16 14:45:18

Yup, I've been obsessed with xmas since like...June blushgrin

DonkeyOaty Tue 18-Oct-16 14:59:33

People are complaining about posters posting about Christmas in the Christmas topic? Let me at them <puts up fists>

YANBU

And also 10/10 for posting a Christmas AIBU in the Christmas topic [thumbs up]

AuntieStella Tue 18-Oct-16 15:03:01

I didn't think people did whinge in the topic?

Though there are some threads moved here, that started life in another topic and that placement was quite rightly criticised.

HandbagCrazy Tue 18-Oct-16 15:03:56

YANBU - why would anyone grinch like wander into the Christmas topic? I never understand that!!

fsmile fsmile fsmile

LazySusan11 Tue 18-Oct-16 15:19:12

There's usually a token "it's August/October FFS"

Some people will moan about Christmas right up until the day, miserable buggers.

mmgirish Tue 18-Oct-16 16:08:41

YANBU! It drives me mad when people complain on the Christmas thread.

OvO Tue 18-Oct-16 16:21:54

Yes! Someone 'helpfully' let me know that it's October on a thread I posted.

It's like going into Chicken Keepers and bitching about chickens!

MrsDilligaf Tue 18-Oct-16 18:44:05

It's not especially christmassy of me but I want to shout

"F* OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!" whenever anyone whinges about talk of Christmas on the CHRISTMAS BOARD

I post on here throughout the year and I love it. I like the daft chat and the fact that I "know" posters.

It's lovely on this board and if anyone whinges at me I shall tut most sternly.

LazySusan11 Tue 18-Oct-16 19:20:30

Hear hear MrsDilligaf!

cowssheephens Tue 18-Oct-16 19:33:00

I hear you MrsDilligaf.

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 18-Oct-16 19:40:47

If the Christmas and Arts and Crafts boards didn't exist I'd have to speak to the people who live in my house <screams>

As far as DH is concerned "Christmas" can be called "Later in the year" from the end of the summer holidays until 30th November. Once the Advent calendar is up then I can drop the C-Bomb. On here I can chat happily about Christmas from Boxing Day fgrin

HungryHorace Tue 18-Oct-16 20:16:28

I've seen a few of these. WTF do they think we are going to talk about in the bloody CHRISTMAS section of the board?!

I need a Christmassy biscuit to have out (I've never given a biscuit before, but feel I should!). fgrin

MrsDilligaf Tue 18-Oct-16 20:17:53

And that is why I luffs this board. Where else can we discuss next Christmas on boxing day?

fgrin

LazySusan11 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:25:18

Yes a Christmas biscuit! Cooeee mumsnet please may we have a santa biscuit?!

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 18-Oct-16 20:27:22

fbiscuit

Like this? Or did you want a gingerbread man?

Lunar1 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:32:20

Maybe we could employ their logic across the site!

Positive pregnancy-Fuck off that baby is months away.

Wedding next year-sad bastards planning it now.

Selling a house-I wait till the day before, 24 hr eBay auction and throw everything I own into a skip, job done.

Holiday, you should just turn up at the airport and see where they send you.

As for the thick idiots planning for retirement, what planet are you guys on!

shakemysilliesout Tue 18-Oct-16 20:38:38

I don't go the camping board and piss on their chips....I just finished reading the christmas shoes...noone on the train was judging!

HungryHorace Tue 18-Oct-16 20:46:10

Ooh, Woolly, that's the one!

fbiscuit

LazySusan11 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:59:43

Lunar that's brilliant, I might start that! Love the biscuit woolly!

GipsyDanger Tue 18-Oct-16 21:14:29

As far as I'm concerned you are all being very unreasonable by waiting till October to start talking about xmas! Shame on all of you grin

flapjackfairy Tue 18-Oct-16 21:14:42

I discovered this board a few months ago and i absolutely love it! I thought i was the only person who was happy to think about christmas all year long. I feel like i have found kindred spirits on here and i dont understand why people cant just let us get on with it in peace. If it makes us happy where is the harm in that. Anything that gives you a little bit of joy all year round has to be a good thing imho.

AnthonyPandy Tue 18-Oct-16 21:40:05

Creeps in to whisper that I think it's when people see these threads in Active that they get upset, I know when I look in Active I don't always register which board the threads have actually been posted in. Creeps out again quietly

SideOrderofChip Tue 18-Oct-16 21:49:10

I usually get it on my prequel thread alot.

Which is posted on the Christmas board

Mind boggles

flapjackfairy Tue 18-Oct-16 22:01:09

Oh AP that explains it then. I have not been using forums for long so dont really understand how it works.
Still dont understand the bah humbug attitude myself but i may be a bit ott on the christmas front !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now