stocking recommendations please?

(10 Posts)
pinklemonade84 Sun 16-Oct-16 21:07:25

Ok, so this is going to be our first Christmas with dd. And I want to buy her a nice stocking to last her. I know she won't remember any of it, but it took us a long time to conceive her and I kind of feel like it's a bit of a celebration and fuss of how far we've come.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where to look please as I'm getting totally overwhelmed?

I'm a bit of a weirdo and don't like the feeling of felt, so definitely have to draw the line at that grin

Thanks in advance xx

FiddleFigs Mon 17-Oct-16 00:07:21

Have you looked at Etsy or Folksy? I've seen some nice handmade ones, not all felt.

TheUnseenAcademic Mon 17-Oct-16 08:19:04

I bought these from ChunkiChilli (online store). They're not personalised but they're gorgeous and stretch really well to fit odd shaped presents in.

Ceaser1981 Mon 17-Oct-16 10:59:37

I had my hands on these and they are as soft as a teddy bear, www.disneystore.co.uk/christmas/sacks-and-stockings

They also have a lovely 1st christmas kit

pinklemonade84 Mon 17-Oct-16 23:20:16

Ceaser1981 we've got the large sack personalised for her for her bulky presents and I absolutely love it smile But I want a stocking too for her little bits and pieces and I'm so tempted by the Minnie Mouse stocking too grin

lychee12 Tue 18-Oct-16 09:44:34

We all have these

www.landsend.co.uk/Traditional_Needlepoint_Stockings/pp/P_9658.html?brand=2

They are lovely quality and have lasted really well. My sister and I have had ours for at least 15 years and they still look like new.

Lovewatchingrainfall Tue 18-Oct-16 09:47:41

Could you maybe have one made for her out of her old clothes? So it's 100% personal to her.
Other then that the ones in the Disney store are so cute

pinklemonade84 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:09:05

Lovewatchingrainfall that's something we're thinking of doing for her maybe in a few years when we have a decent stock of Christmassy clothes to choose from. I love that idea - thank you

KC225 Tue 18-Oct-16 22:25:27

We bought the twins beautiful ones from jojomamanbebe they were a great size, wash well, and we are still using them 9 years later

HarvestMoon9 Tue 18-Oct-16 22:27:43

We've got Sophie Allport one for our three, there's always a range of designs each year it seems (previous years have been woodland and stag themes) and I think they'll really last the children well as they're pretty timeless.

www.sophieallport.com/uk/robin-mistletoe-christmas-stocking

This year I'm planning to embroider their names on the top

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now