White Tree but not a traditional Christmas tree

(8 Posts)
MaryPlain59 Sun 16-Oct-16 11:36:18

I have been looking for a white tree that I can use at school as a Memory Tree to hang wooden hearts on decorated with the names of loved ones by bereaved children. I ordered one from Hobby Craft which looked suitable but when it arrived it was quite spindly with not many branches (just 4 and I will be using it year upon year) and I haven't been able to find any others, I did look in M&S and Bentalls Christmas departments yesterday.
I just wondered if anyone sees something that would be suitable while they are shopping for Christmas presents if they wouldn't mind letting me know please as I would be really grateful for any help.

purpleladybird Sun 16-Oct-16 12:38:24

I made something like this by spray painting a fallen branch with white spray paint and then setting in in plaster in a large pot. If anyone you know has a large garden or you go on country walks you might find something suitable.

MaryPlain59 Sun 16-Oct-16 12:49:43

Thank you for replying, I did think of doing that initially but as my headteacher has given me a budget to buy one I think I would prefer a shop bought one that is sturdy and on it's own base if at all possible.

Citizenerased123 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:46:33

I have one of these from John lewis www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-4ft-pre-lit-mossy-birch-christmas-tree-white/p2603384
They have bigger/ more expensive ones too on their website

flapjackfairy Tue 18-Oct-16 17:00:24

M and s have twiggy one also

MaryPlain59 Sun 23-Oct-16 18:05:26

Sorry for the delay in thanking you for your replies, the John Lewis one is just what I was hoping for, I have gone to look at it in real life today and it is lovely, I would love one for my own home as well.

anyoldname76 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:52:47

they have them in home bargains for around £50

MaryPlain59 Sun 23-Oct-16 21:31:40

Thanks, I will have a look in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now