Adult stocking ideas

(25 Posts)
user1471481356 Sat 15-Oct-16 06:15:19

Would love any ideas or suggestions for adult stockings smile I need ideas for mid 20s male and female and 60yo male!

Chottie Sat 15-Oct-16 07:06:22

Bumping this up as I need ideas too!

I've done the mugs, socks, chocolates already.......

lurkymclurkerson Sat 15-Oct-16 07:16:21

Hotel chocolat do little selector packs of posh chocs, they always go down well here. If they drink you can get miniature spirits on Amazon/from Asda, or you could get the small bottles of prosecco/single bottles of nice beer. We still do socks/satsumas/chocolate oranges too!

user1471481356 Sat 15-Oct-16 07:22:12

Ive so far got socks 😂 And always do nice chocolates.

Trying to think of different ideas to last year, it's so hard to come up with original ideas!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sat 15-Oct-16 07:22:13

A magazine, cheap DVDs,favourite food, headphones

QforCucumber Sat 15-Oct-16 07:26:05

Every year we have a Terry's chocolate orange, a small bottle of wine/spirit (the one glass minis) and posh socks.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sat 15-Oct-16 07:37:14

Pressed post too early. A keyring, thermos flask or one of those cups that keeps your coffee warm

WiltingTulip Sat 15-Oct-16 07:39:05

Book and DVD

newmumwithquestions Sat 15-Oct-16 07:42:43

For chocolate then Waitrose have 25% off their 'waitrose 1' bars of chocolate. They're really good.

Do they travel? If so then travel sized toiletries.

If you know the make then an in-car mobile phone charger.

Earrings/ties/cuff links depending what they wear

Glamorousglitter Sat 15-Oct-16 07:49:19

I loved getting Rinmel Lilly last yr it was a red I wouldn't normall have worn so pushed my out of my comfort zone - and an easy stocking filler smile

Lego keyring with character (has a light ) t goes down well here too with my brother who s mod 20s smile

InYourHonour Sat 15-Oct-16 07:55:44

I always do a joke type present in stocking and after last Christmas DH said he might like to try adult colouring so I've got him a sweary colouring book (its been a tenner all year on my amazon watch list then dropped to 2.75) and some fancy pencils.
Makes me giggle thinking of him sitting concentrating with the tip of his tongue out colouring 'cuntface'

wonderingsoul Sat 15-Oct-16 10:30:25

Scratch cards. Bottle of flavoured cider aftershave minie tools

recklessgran Sat 15-Oct-16 11:26:51

My favourite stocking present is a nice personalised Christmas bauble or in fact any really nice bauble-can be themed. e.g. Last year I got someone who loves travelling a world globe bauble.
Chocolate spoon and marshmallows gift from Whittards for making a luxury hot chocolate.
Molton Brown Christmas bauble.
Anything from accessorize.
One of those pound coin gadgets that you can put on your key ring to save worrying about a coin for the shopping trolley.
Novelty bottle opener and coaster.
Mini bottle of Prosecco or bottle of craft beer.
Adult Ladybird books - very funny.
A gift card for Costa or Starbucks.
A folding shopping bag [Paperchase have some nice ones]
Lens wipes for anyone with glasses.
Luxury fluffy socks.
Selfie stick
Jazzy post it notes
Mmmm that's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for this thread I will be watching with interest as have 7 adult stockings to do and it IS hard to come up with new ideas every year!

danTDM Sat 15-Oct-16 11:32:26

I said this for childrens stocking thread but it applies here too... TIGER have brilliant little stocking fillers for adults too... they are even doing some sports stuff at the moment and little tins of things and gadgets for the kitchen and lovely pens, pencils etc.

All cheap but nice quality and design.

Worth a look.

1stTimeMama Sat 15-Oct-16 11:53:10

Last year I did a coffee stocking for my husband with a few coffees, a 1 person cafetiere for work and some chocolate coffee beans. Plus the obligatory orange! I've done good one a for him with nuts and Nakd bars as he's big in to health and fitness. Unsure this year, and I have my parents to do to so will be watching this thread with interest :-)

FurryTrousers Sat 15-Oct-16 11:58:17

Some hand warmers? Various ones on Amazon...

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006AUO6OU/ref=mp_s_a_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1476528907&sr=1-20&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=41tXBfCbRcL&ref=plSrch

fudgesmummy Sat 15-Oct-16 12:00:45

Unashamedly marking my place for ideas grin

MTWTFSS Sat 15-Oct-16 12:28:11

Homemade sweet treats! (fudge, cookies etc)

Artandco Sat 15-Oct-16 12:40:37

Candle
Photo in small frame
Posh tea/ coffee/ hot chocolate
Tasty cheese in wax
Sweets/ chocolate
Small recipe book
Gloves
Small phone charger battery pack (the type you can keep in bag and charge phone twice from)

CarrotVan Sat 15-Oct-16 12:44:07

That American 'rhyme' about Christmas presents works well for stockings in the main

Something they want
You know them best! This is the little luxuries

something they need
See above but something useful - lens cleaning cloths, tissues, hot toddy kit, new toothbrush, toiletries, charging cable...

something to wear
Socks, underwear, hat, gloves, scarf, tights etc

and something to read
book, magazine...

I'd add
something to eat,
candied nuts, chocolates, a drink, interesting sauces, wasabi peas or pretzels, satsuma etc

something to do
DVD, music (or iTunes giftcard), puzzle, crossword/ sudoku/ puzzle/ colouring book

Thingstodotoday Sat 15-Oct-16 14:03:48

I have a referral code for a £10 voucher for Hush. Some lovely scented candles there for only £12. Also get free delivery if you type OCT2016 in the promo box at delivery. The option to redeem the voucher comes up quite far along into the transaction. Link here hush.mention-me.com/me/referee/registerko/4722669/25693333/em/214cffcfc247345189659394dddbd6ed098ee03d/ol/cw

Thingstodotoday Sat 15-Oct-16 14:04:21

Also tights on there for a tenner.

user1471481356 Sat 15-Oct-16 23:34:30

Thanks so much for your ideas everyone! Forgot to mention I'm not in the UK, but most of the ideas I can find similar brands of here.

Every year we do the same things, coffee mug, chocolates, socks,alcohol. It's so so hard to think of different things that are still affordable! Thank you so much for the ideas!

DrEbecomingDrS Sat 15-Oct-16 23:38:58

Sudoku books! My mum used to put underwear, deodorant, make up wipes, nail varnish remover and tampons in mine...basically a tesco shop in a stocking but useful nevertheless!

ChristmasSeacow Sun 16-Oct-16 00:05:50

I second the portable phone charger - I just got some from dotcom gift shop and they look great.

Last year I bought glasses case (nothing fancy) for DH but has a lens cleaning cloth printed. It was from an eBay seller and the quality of the image was much better than I expected. I got DH one with a picture relating to his hobby, and had one doge for DF and DM with DS's picture on. They loved it. The cloths came in two sizes but the small was a bit useless, better to go for the bigger ones.

Another useful thing that I've given to a few people recently is this (or similar, there are lots of them about). Very handy:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B017S141VM/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1476571808&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=chjgd

For DH I have also put in a bottle of Christmassy beer (try M&S), a leather phone case, one of those leather trays that store flat for travelling but you can popper the corners to make a tray with sides, to hold your watch, spare change etc. (Just found this one since that was as clear as mud)

I also buy geeky t shirts for DH and roll them up.

For women I have often given things like nail polish, or nice nail files (the Leighton Denny one is wonderful, if you are feeling generous!).

Foldable shopping bags good for anyone, though most designs are a bit girly I find.

Touchscreen gloves are useful and quite cheap on amazon / eBay.

I just found that you can buy camera memory cards (SD) that wirelessly connect with your phone, tablet or laptop and upload as you shoot. A great gift for people who use a digital camera rather than a camera phone.

I still get excited about a nice pen. These erasable ink ones are my current favourite thing, as they write really nicely too:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VTM22YK/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1476572633&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=frixion

If I had my way I'd forget about tree presents. the stocking is the best bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now