First 'happy' Christmas in 3 years

(11 Posts)
Peopleplease Thu 13-Oct-16 21:25:44

DH said this tonight - that it would be our first 'happy' Christmas in 3 years and I realised he was right.

Last year I was recovering from my second miscarriage - I'd had a D&C early December.
The year before my father was dying of a brain tumour - he died 1st January.

This year DD is 3 and I'm due DC2 on 22nd December.

Just not sure how to have a 'normal' Christmas! I've already started my lists!

gilmoregir1 Thu 13-Oct-16 21:26:55

Aww well I hope you have lovely Christmas!

Captainladder Thu 13-Oct-16 21:27:48

Congratulations :-) hope the run up to Christmas is smooth for you, take it easy and have a wonderful time xx

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 13-Oct-16 21:28:18

What a tough couple of years, really feel for you. Hope you have a wonderful one this year, just don't take on too much, stop and enjoy the moment!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 13-Oct-16 22:12:05

A very happy Christmas if DC2 decides to come and join the party grin.

Are you normally very organised? Every year I have the dream/plan of getting everything bought, wrapped & cards written by the end of November so that I can actually relax and enjoy the Christmas build up in December.

Like lots of people, I enjoy the build up the most and often find the actual day itself a bit of an anti-climax!

With a baby due, it might take some of the stress out of it to get things done earlier on?

Peopleplease Fri 14-Oct-16 08:24:50

santa I'm HOPING baby might wait till after Christmas Day. My own bday is the 29th December and it was just far enough from Christmas Day. I was 7 days overdue with DD so a repeat would be good.

I worked retail in the past and was actually very organised those years as we were so busy coming up to Christmas. But after I stopped and had an office job I got less organised every year. DH is VERY organised though which helps a lot. He also pretty much takes charge of wrapping and I'm there to hand him sellotape!

pleasetryanother1 Fri 14-Oct-16 08:29:55

I was due on 22nd and dd came on due date! Congratulations, hope u have a lovely Christmas. It's quite nice before Christmas rather than after as people are not 'over' celebrating. Dd thinks it's great she opens presents for a weekgrin

MrsKellyJones Fri 14-Oct-16 20:28:13

Aw, how lovely (sorry the last 2 years were so tough).

I would suggest that you get as much done as you can. My DD was due mid November and I did Christmas cards while on Mat leave grin she was my first

Whatsername17 Sat 15-Oct-16 18:58:27

I know the feeling. Last Christmas we'd booked a private scan at 11 weeks pregnant so that we could surprise family on Christmas day with an announcement and the pictures. The baby had no heartbeat and I'd experienced a mmc. Christmas was horrendous really. Spent the whole of it waiting to miscarry and the hospital wouldn't help me as they didn't have the staff. This year, I will hopefully be 36 weeks pregnant and I feel like maybe I can 'reclaim' the festive season. I hope you have a lovely one xx

Peopleplease Sat 15-Oct-16 22:00:43

whatsername very similar situation - it's a terrible thing to hapen no matter what time of year but Christmas is so focused on happiness and I just wanted to ignore it all (and I love Christmas)

Peopleplease Sat 15-Oct-16 22:01:11

And congratulations on your baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now