Lakeland electric air dryers

(28 Posts)
thenoisytimetravelstudent Sat 08-Oct-16 19:35:33

Just had a thought - this would really suit my sis as a Christmas present! Does anyone have one - what do you think of it?

Fanofjapan Sat 08-Oct-16 19:41:35

If it's the one like a clothes horse with heated rails, I would say don't bother. We had one and returned it (with absolutely no problem). It only dried the parts of the washing that touched the rails, so we were forever moving them round. It wasn't worth keeping.

MoMandaS Sat 08-Oct-16 19:46:03

Ours works really well!

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 08-Oct-16 19:51:44

it's great.
especially if you put it in a drafty place.
it dries 2 loads over night.

thenoisytimetravelstudent Sat 08-Oct-16 19:56:01

My sis would love this, as she has no tumble dryer and drying clothes at this time of year is a pain. Esp when her oh doesn't like clothes horses sitting about the house!

thenoisytimetravelstudent Sat 08-Oct-16 19:56:20

Thanks for the feedback smile

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 08-Oct-16 19:56:46

It's fab.

ShowOfHands Sat 08-Oct-16 19:58:52

We have the £15 Aldi one and it's a bloody miracle thing. Dries a 7kg load overnight. If you stick a sheet over the whole thing, it dries even faster.

LomboDePorco Sat 08-Oct-16 19:58:53

Combined with a dehumidifier you can dry loads, really quickly. Not sure what I used to do before it....

Popskipiekin Sat 08-Oct-16 19:59:23

We have one - am always amazed when people says it dries two loads as our experience has been far more like fanofjapan. Perhaps ours is also a bit defunct. But we have hung onto it as - if you spread stuff out enough, lay it flat etc - then things dry much more quickly than on one without the heat so we've found it helpful.

ShowOfHands Sat 08-Oct-16 19:59:57

Yes to the dehumidifier trick.

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 08-Oct-16 20:02:11

yes, only the rungs get warm and stuff there dries quicker, but if you put clothes on there evenly they dry fine. not quickly as in a couple of hours but def over night.

CremeBrulee Sat 08-Oct-16 20:04:53

We have one and wouldn't be without in in the winter. We use a tumble drier for big bulky items like bedding & towels but the heated airer dries all our clothing.

idontlikealdi Sat 08-Oct-16 20:09:27

I've got one we never bother plugging it in!

thenoisytimetravelstudent Sat 08-Oct-16 20:10:00

atus Portable Heated Clothes Airer with Wings and 18 Heated Bars, Silver, 220 W

atomicpanda Sat 08-Oct-16 20:11:06

We have one - it's fab.

thenoisytimetravelstudent Sat 08-Oct-16 20:12:01

Sorry I was trying to add a link to the one I'm looking at. I found it on Amazon but am worrying that the cost might reflect the quality?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Status-Portable-Heated-Clothes-Silver/dp/B01CUDHFZC

BerylStreep Sat 08-Oct-16 20:13:56

We have the wall mounted one. It's useless. I wouldn't bother.

My Mum swears by using a dehumidifier, but just with a normal clothes-horse, not a heated one.

hp2 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:15:01

I adore mine . Three under 3 and no tumble dryer. It's amazing!!!

Akire Sat 08-Oct-16 20:15:05

I had one for years and also given as gifts. They are better at drying sheets towels if you cover the top do the heat is kept in. But you can also cover wet washing with sheet that works well too.

I live in flat no outside space so find they are great

AvDemeisen Sat 08-Oct-16 20:18:28

We have a Lakeland one, it's 5 years old this year and still works well.

KingLooieCatz Sat 08-Oct-16 20:21:55

No! Get the JML dry buddy from Argos. Never used it for sheets or towels though. Fab for shirts and the like though.

Blankiefan Sat 08-Oct-16 20:51:24

I love mine - there's no way we'd manage without it

obviously we'd manage but with several clothes horses littering the place

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 09-Oct-16 00:24:17

I covet the John Lewis one (two or three tier) that has a bit at the bottom for shoes . Imagine if your shoes get soaked , slip them onto the shoe drier and Bingo grin

I have the Aldi £20 one, its very lightweight but okay, does the job.
Also got a standard airer in the small bedroom.

Davros Sun 09-Oct-16 19:14:53

i like one with wings fir the space I have and I gather that, on the Lakeland one that shape, the wings are not heated!! My Robert Dyas one has stood me in good stead but I lost a clip so it won't stand up! That one linked to earlier looks good. The way I see it, I would drape the stuff somewhere and it might as well be heated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now