Shark beds - anyone actually got one?

(13 Posts)
OldFarticus Fri 07-Oct-16 13:25:35

I know this was referred to in an earlier bargain thread so apologies for not posting there. I have not been keeping up and we're about 10 threads in already! grin

So I was one of the suckers bargain hunters who ordered a shark pet bed. Which didn't arrive. I only paid about 6 quid so it's not the end of the world, but I am just curious as to whether anyone's turned up or whether it was a scam?

(I was really looking forward to giving it to OldCat on Christmas morning!) grin

SimplyNigella Fri 07-Oct-16 21:23:37

I didn't receive mine either, have tried to get a refund via Amazon but keep getting an out of office response from the seller.

purpleladybird Fri 07-Oct-16 21:27:16

I didn't receive (any of) mine. Not tried for a refund yet. I seem to remember one poster getting one as she posted a photo but perhaps that was of the same bed but from other sellers.

BiggerBoatNeeded Fri 07-Oct-16 21:27:56

Mine hasn't turned up either. Was marked as dispatched ages ago but not arrived. Like you said it was cheap but if lots of us ordered and no one got anything they've still made a fair profit.

ClaraLane Fri 07-Oct-16 23:42:39

Mine hasn't arrived either, any idea how I go directly to Amazon for a refund? I can only see the option to contact the seller but they aren't responding to me.

AlbertaDewdrop Sat 08-Oct-16 00:05:20

Mine came. I ordered from a slightly more expensive seller £6.48 . Tobebetter. Took about 2 weeks. It looked enormous and it was size small. It has been sent to the intended recipient and so can't add a picture.

OldFarticus Sat 08-Oct-16 05:56:18

Okay not just me then. Thanks all. I have contacted the seller and Amazon but not heard from either. I assumed Amazon would refund from dodgy/scammy sellers but it seems their policy not that simple. Will update as and when I hear anything. Have left a scathing review in the meantime!

JeffStellingsLeftEyebrow Sat 08-Oct-16 09:30:02

I filed a claim with Amazon and got a refund. If you go into your account (on the full desktop site) and look at 'My Orders', there should be a button next to the order saying 'file claim'. It just needs a message to Amazon saying that you've had no response from querying with the company. Hope that helps!

DiscoMike Sat 08-Oct-16 09:42:06

Nope.

FrantasticO Sat 08-Oct-16 09:45:43

I have been refunded for shark bed, emoji Backpack and emoji Cushion. smile

neddle Sat 08-Oct-16 14:30:06

Go to your orders page and click the button saying File/view claim.
Click through, selecting order not arrived and it starts a claim. If the seller doesn't reply after 3 days you can file the atoz claim and you'll get a refund.

OldFarticus Sat 08-Oct-16 16:30:20

Thanks all - really helpful!

SimplyNigella Sat 08-Oct-16 17:58:14

I've got my refund processing now, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now