Really stuck on what to get ds and he is really stuck on what he would like!!!

(12 Posts)
2anddone Mon 03-Oct-16 19:17:52

Please help!! DS just turned 11 and afaik still believes. He doesn't like football or any sports really apart from roller skating and he is quite a home bod so doesn't venture far without me!
He loves Lego but has masses has an iPad, a phone and an Xbox 360 (left from when h moved out).
He doesn't ever ask for anything and this year is really tricky! He isn't into clothes/trainers/labels yet so I can't bulk out with that, he likes his Xbox 360 and doesn't feel the need for an Xbox one.
My parents are getting him Merlin annual pass and Santa is bringing the Lego simpsons kwick e mart but other than that I am completely and totally stumped....please help!!

Whatsername17 Mon 03-Oct-16 19:49:46

What about an experience? Zoo keeper for a day, driving day etc? A trip to lego land with overnight stay?

2anddone Mon 03-Oct-16 20:08:44

Driving day sounds good how old/tall do they need to be? We did legoland hotel for his birthday last month and he loved it. Thank you for the ideas! I will look to see what the local zoo offers too smile

bimbobaggins Mon 03-Oct-16 21:07:56

What about a cinema gift card?

1122christy Tue 04-Oct-16 14:34:31

To add onto the cinema gift card how about making him up a cinema hamper? Get a box and fill with fun things you think ur son would like - American candy, popcorn, fizzy juice, DVD, cinema gift card etc, Starbucks gift card.

Also if he like his Xbox 360 are you sure he doesn't want to upgrade to the Xbox one, if he plays online with friends he might find they can't any more as play with the one and games he can no longer get.

What about getting skins for the controllers and Xbox console too, around a tenner or so. I'm gng to get my son batman ones.

Xbox Microsoft gift card for him to buy games etc or a Games stop gift card

If he likes Lego what about technic stuff?

Boxset of books? I'm not sure of the age group as my son is nearly 9 so little younger than yours but he loves diary of wimpy kid books, Alex rider books, David Walliams, goosebumps, Harry Potter. Or illustrated hobbit book

Top trumps? Or older type card/board games like pandemic?

Magazine subscription? If he likes Minecraft, they do a deal where the first 3 magazines are only £1 then £20 for every 6 months. I got this for my son last Xmas and he loves getting it once a month and asked if he could get it again for this year. Says there's lots of ideas in it for his creating.
I got the magazine delivered in time for Xmas so just printed out a letter saying he would get one every month and wrapped that with magazine

I know you said he isn't into labels etc but what about a hoodie with fave tv show/ film etc on it? My sons not into labels either but Iv bought him a Five Nights at Freddys Hoody I know he will love. I got it for £7 from aliexpress

Modelling clay? You can get air dry packs or lumi glow in the dark or just a mix of diff colours and tools.

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 04-Oct-16 14:36:28

I'd upgrade to the Xbox one and get him an internet pass so he can play against friends online.

Games for Xbox 360 will stop soon

bimbobaggins Tue 04-Oct-16 15:17:59

The cinema hamper sounds amazing 1122

averythinline Tue 04-Oct-16 15:44:07

My ds is similar ..like the cinema box idea....he's just getting more into films really liked guardians of the galaxy so getting him the DVD plus a T-shirt of Groot...and the soundtrack
Also a game star fluxx there are various options..
He too has Xbox 360 and his friends are split between that and Sony Playstation so may hold off...on that too....
He likes American football so getting him a team woolly hat!
May get him some money/card for games/movies...
Last year for him a basketball hoop for outside that's been great...
Another recommendation was a table football that's been patchy

Davros Tue 04-Oct-16 15:53:02

DD did Young Driver and loved it. It is for 11+ but I think they've started doing them for younger ones at certain centres.

Onehellofaride Tue 04-Oct-16 16:03:36

We did a horror film night box for DS' birthday he loved it.

Laser pegs
Science kit
Magic tricks
Things for bedroom
Telescope
Series box set
Books
Spy pens

2anddone Tue 04-Oct-16 20:48:18

Some fab ideas here Thank you!! Quick question has anyone's dc got a drone and are they any good??

Onehellofaride Tue 04-Oct-16 21:28:48

DS wants a drone so watching with interest also what sort of price range?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now