Playmobil or wooden?

(13 Posts)
CleverQuacks Sat 01-Oct-16 18:21:14

Hi all,
For months my 5year old son has been asking for a castle play set so this is going to be his main Xmas pressie. I cant decide between a large wooden one such as the Melissa and Doug one or a playmobil Knights castle. They are similar price but the playmobil comes with knights and accessories whereas I would have to buy these for the wooden one. What does everyone think? Anyone had a good castle they can recommend?

Thanks

Laura

Kit2015 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:03:15

We have the Melissa and doug one.
Love it. Gets played with everyday. Lots of different figures can go with it.
I love wooden toys though so might be biased. :P

crje Sat 01-Oct-16 21:09:27

The Schleich one is great.
Mine grew out of play mobile quite quickly.

AveEldon Sat 01-Oct-16 21:09:57

I prefer the playmobil

Thegiantofillinois Sat 01-Oct-16 21:12:02

Got a fab one for 7 year old ds on eBay. It's playmobil and has secret passages and a cage and a stable and a moving drawbri d he.....

I am not ds, btw, but it's the one toy I'd happily play with.

ImpYCelyn Sat 01-Oct-16 21:12:48

Our wooden castle (a decent one) hasn't held up that well. I'd get Playmobil.

CoperCabana Sat 01-Oct-16 21:14:16

We got the smaller Melissa and Doug one that does come with figures, animals etc and closes off into a smallish box. Think that was a good compromise.

CoperCabana Sat 01-Oct-16 21:15:43

It was the Fold and Go Princess Castle.

samlovesdilys Sat 01-Oct-16 21:15:49

My 8 yr old loves his playmobil castle...has had it for at least 2 years but still a constant...

CleverQuacks Sat 01-Oct-16 21:34:33

So it's an almost unanimous vote for playmobil. I think I will go with that then.

Stitchosaurus Sun 02-Oct-16 17:54:44

Another vote for Playmobil! DS loves all the cells, secret passages, bridges etc. He's getting the adventure treehouse for his 5th birthday, I can't wait to build it grin

SoMuchToBits Sun 02-Oct-16 18:04:29

Playmobil! smile

It's very versatile, as you can add other Playmobil themes and have firefighters putting out a fire in your castle, or people camping in the castle grounds, or anything you like really!

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 02-Oct-16 18:25:01

We got a playmobil one for the DC last Christmas and it's been loved. DS is 8 and still plays with it. One day it's a knight battle zone, the next it's a fairy castle or something for pirates to attack. It's even been used as a spy base!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now