Plates for Father Christmas

(13 Posts)
StepfauxWife Fri 30-Sep-16 20:40:03

Has anyone seen any personalised plates that aren't tacky? I'd like to get one for my two girls but find the ones I've seen a little on the naff side.

Would be keen to see what others have!

iloveholidays Fri 30-Sep-16 20:43:37

I have a personalised father christmas plate for my 3 girls.

She is fairly local to me and was highly recommended. Not sure what her postage costs are but here is her facebook page.

www.facebook.com/mummymakes1/

PopFizz Fri 30-Sep-16 20:43:58

Mine just has To Santa from XXX on the rim, and an outline of a carrot, mince pie, and glass on the base. It's got no glitter, no twee words, no silly colours. I like it :-)

iloveholidays Fri 30-Sep-16 20:48:16

That said - it looks like she might have changed what she does a bit.

Maybe worth dropping her a PM if interested - the plate was lovely. It's up in the loft otherwise I would have taken a pic!

anyoldname76 Fri 30-Sep-16 20:49:16

i bought one from here www.christmasplates.co.uk/ its on its 3rd Christmas this year, the decoration is good and doesnt wash off

justgivemeamo Fri 30-Sep-16 20:53:12

have you thought about making your own ??

its surprisingly easy, we used a foot for reindeer and other dc hand for the antlers.....different browns, lovely red nose....and wrote on it - at one of those glaze places...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 01-Oct-16 00:18:23

There are some gorgeous (though not personalised) plates in HomeSense/TKMaxx.
I've bought Spode, Portmerion and last year a rather Dickensian looking Christmas scene in grey/green (nicer than it sounds)

I bought the Emma Bridgewater Holly mug ( pictures of holly on the outside, the word Holly on the inner ) but <<smug >> my DD is called Holly fgrin

RumAppleGinger Sat 01-Oct-16 07:42:24

Have you got a ceramic cafe near you? We made out own. I uses the DCs finger prints to make christmas lights around the edge and then wrote in the middle.

Heirhelp Sat 01-Oct-16 09:21:53

B and M bargains have one for £2.99 with a ceramic pen to write the child's name.

justgivemeamo Sat 01-Oct-16 09:59:20

There are some gorgeous (though not personalised) plates in HomeSense/TKMaxx

70 I am slowly collecting from there year on year I have a lovely collection of spode christmas plates but have you seen anything in yet forthis year?

justgivemeamo Sat 01-Oct-16 10:09:42

www.allfreekidscrafts.com/Kids-Christmas-Crafts/Fun-Kids-Craft-Ideas-for-Homemade-Christmas-Decorations

ours was like this but much nicer

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 08-Oct-16 23:26:19

justgive
HomeSense had Portmerion "Holly&Ivy" crockery in. Didn't see any Spode but I didn't get a chance to have a thorough search

Trumpton Sun 09-Oct-16 16:18:52

I had a plate made for my DGC last year and was very pleased with it. I was able to have it made with Manx Gaelic wording . I sent her a photo of the wording I wanted.
ETSY HERE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now