Christmas magazines

(15 Posts)
Mallowmarshmallow Sun 25-Sep-16 19:32:08

Has anyone seen any Christmas magazines out yet? The like of good housekeeping which houses a plethora of lovely recipes which I can plan wholeheartedly to cook before mainly giving in to after eights and shop bought Turkish delight...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 25-Sep-16 20:56:50

I know some of the Craft ones are out but the Christmas mags are usually early November IIRC.
I don't buy any apart from Christmas or if I'm on holiday (but that'll be one of the glossy ones that I never ever bother with)

I buy GH, W&H and Sainsburys mag possibly Prima. I read them then curse myself for wasting money on the same old tut that they recycle Every Blooming Year.
And make a wager with myself what 'celeb' will grace the cover.

(Usually Lorraine Kelly, Nigella Lawson, Helen Mirren, Lulu or Fern Brittan) I was relieved when GH started putting a photo of a Christmas table on the cover.

I'll start looking at te magazine aisle soon though

ThanksForAllTheFish Sun 25-Sep-16 22:16:49

I seen one the other day in Tesco (and again in m&s) it just said Christmas magazine on it. There was a free gift of some small Christmas shaped cookie cutters.

I was tempted to buy it but decided not to as I have loads of old Christmas magazines to look back on. I used to buy them all every year but they just repeat the same stuff year after year. I didn't particularly fancy spending £5 for a set of small cookie cutters and the same old articles.

ThanksForAllTheFish Mon 26-Sep-16 20:27:28

Oh dear. I caved today and bought the magazine.

Mallowmarshmallow Tue 27-Sep-16 20:16:50

Haha, thanksforallthefish.
And you were so convincing that you wouldn't buy any!!

AnthonyPandy Tue 27-Sep-16 20:36:39

The Christmas ones will be the December issue that should come out very early November. Plus the Radio Times which should be the first few days of December.

Peopleplease Thu 29-Sep-16 09:46:02

The November issue of Good Housekeeping is out now and has a Christmas theme.

AnthonyPandy Thu 29-Sep-16 10:15:50

What is GH? What sort of articles does it have?

CarrotVan Thu 29-Sep-16 12:27:07

The Good Housekeeping Christmas Food one is out - nice recipes too

MorrisZapp Thu 29-Sep-16 12:31:24

Add all Bake Off ladies to the cover roster.

Gatekeeper Thu 29-Sep-16 12:33:35

God I bloody love the Country Living Christmas magazine . Been a tradition for me for a long time. I go to bed with it, with hot water bottle, tea and biscuits and read it once quickly and the next night more so and the next night in great detail

ThanksForAllTheFish Thu 06-Oct-16 19:30:49

Well I wasn't going to buy any but then the idea was in my head so I ended up buying it - I blame this thread Mallow grin

Anyway I was in tesco today and they had 5 or so different Christmas magazines on the shelves now. Good housekeeping appear to have 2 different ones out this year for some reason.

PikachuSayBoo Thu 06-Oct-16 19:35:53

I'm going magazine shopping tomorrow after reading this!

JasperDamerel Thu 06-Oct-16 20:28:53

I have an old Good Housekeeping one, which seems to have the same content as the one from the following two years, so I'm assuming it's not worth buying another GH one. I think I might splash out and get the country living one. I don't know where I'll be for Christmas, which is causing me mild stress because I can't plan properly.

AnthonyPandy Thu 06-Oct-16 21:26:27

Those house magazines that are only £2 are quite good too, is one Style at home or something? I love looking at other people's trees and decorations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now