Christmas ideas for a 12 year old

(6 Posts)
madasamarchhare Sun 25-Sep-16 15:31:22

DD is 12 and I am struggling for ideas for xmas. She has the usual iPad/iPhone/kindle decent camera and a lovely bracelet and watch. She never asks for anything and has no idea what she would like. She is starting to like clothes but these seem a bit boring for xmas although I might buy one item. She likes drawing but has many diffeeent kinds of sketch pads as well as artists pencils and calligraphy sets. She also loves reading. I am so stuck. 10 year old ds has asked for nothing - yet! But I have over a dozen ideas of what I could get for him. She is also sporty but doesn't need any equipment for this but I had considered getting her a Fitbit. What are your 12 year olds getting or what would they like?

mamalovesmojitos Sun 25-Sep-16 15:45:18

Hmmm. Watching this as i too have a 12 year old dd. Some ideas: instax camera, cinema tickets, lush bath bomb, cactus plant, mirror with lights, cookbook & apron, ukulele, sprinkle of glitter diary, whiteboard and markers, skateboard, shower radio, telescope, leather satchel, candlemaking kit, horse riding lessons, favourite team season ticket.

dancemom Sun 25-Sep-16 15:56:07

Laptop
Netflix subscription

madasamarchhare Sun 25-Sep-16 17:44:21

It's so tricky when they get to this age. I have bought a concert ticket which she will love but need something for her to do or love.

Dancergirl Sun 25-Sep-16 18:11:05

What about something for her room? Giant beanbag, nice lights, new bedding/cushions etc?

GlowWine Sun 25-Sep-16 19:10:17

I'm in the same boat, DD also 12 not(yet?) Interested in clothes or typical girlie things like make up or pop music. So far I have a hoodie from Chicksrule, and am considering a good camera (her phone one is quite crap), and some emoji bedding with matching scatter cushions. She's quite geeky so age 12+ Lego sets may feature, and anything to do with maths or chemistry....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now