What's going in the stocking?

(101 Posts)
ArriettyMatilda Sun 25-Sep-16 07:53:49

So far it's just socks for nearly 3yo dd. I am sure she'll be thrilled hmm I'll get the traditional chocolate coins and a satsuma but I am really stumped for ideas. Obviously it can't be huge gifts and I don't want to get things that will be discarded before Christmas day is over! What are you putting in your dc's stocking and how old are they?

Lilaclily Sun 25-Sep-16 07:57:00

Bubbles
Bouncy ball
Bath bomb
Glittery nail varnish
Top trumps
Chocolate buttons
Mr men book
Tub of play doh
Lego figure

Anything from Hawkins bazaar

NapQueen Sun 25-Sep-16 07:57:09

Dd (5y6days) - lip balms, Frozen "perfume", a sellotape dispenser shaped like a fairy castle with fairy tape, a bug and creepy crawlies container, blind bags with Playmobil figures in, fruit, Nutella choc dip with little breads ticks.

DS (2y2m) - a couple of toot toot vehicles, small soft toys (makka pakka, oopsie daisy, iggle piggle), a small wooden jigsaw, fruit and a Nutella choc dip.

Lilaclily Sun 25-Sep-16 07:57:53

Gel pens

Dd is 7

NotMrsTumble Sun 25-Sep-16 07:58:59

Character toothbrush, bubble bath, one of those compressed flannels that expands when you get it wet, a blind bag (lego figure, thomas mini, shopkin etc) small toy - soft toy/car. Places like the pound shop and home bargains are your best bet for small items that won't break the bank.

danTDM Sun 25-Sep-16 08:01:15

Going to TIGER and Hawkins Bazaar, there are thousands of good things/ideas for stockings. I love TIGER smile very cheap too but good quality stuff and lovely designs.

StarSpotter Sun 25-Sep-16 08:02:43

Something practical like a new drinking cup/fancy or character knife and fork. We always have a toothbrush and a torch always seems to go down well too. There are Peppa ones that project pictures on the wall etc. Those small books that will fit in stocking. Last year I put a bell for my DS's scooter.

ImprovingMyMH Sun 25-Sep-16 08:06:51

What's a blind bag?

DS would love one of the Nutella dip things, I haven't seen those smile.

Lilaclily Sun 25-Sep-16 08:08:45

They do lots of little bags for different toys and it's blind cos it's a surprise eg my little pony blind bag www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3258622.htm

A kinder egg too

Lilaclily Sun 25-Sep-16 08:09:38

More grin

www.thetoyshop.com/c/collectibles/blind-bags

ImprovingMyMH Sun 25-Sep-16 08:12:58

Thanks Lilac!

NapQueen Sun 25-Sep-16 08:15:29

www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_embed/public/2015/04/16/Nutella-Snack-Pack-1_1.jpg?itok=TjFenel0

SelfieStick Sun 25-Sep-16 08:20:50

I always do the chocolate coins and then bigger novelty sweets that I never buy during the year cos they're just pure sugar (like the sour spray things, jelly belly jelly beans), and then top trumps, blind bags, electric toothbrushes, and I always top them with a small teddy of whatever they're into (minecraft for DS, finger puppets for DD) peeking out at the top.

JasperDamerel Sun 25-Sep-16 08:25:26

Chocolate coins, satsuma, chocolate orange, exciting toothbrush, socks/pants/ carton of juice, finger puppet, kazoo, pen/pencil/crayon, bath bomb, magazine.

Then a couple of things according to age/interest, eg nail polish, torch, notebook, blind bag, tiny toy car, bouncy ball etc.

Crystal15 Sun 25-Sep-16 08:25:56

Here's what I've got both my boys so far. Mostly from Home bargains

wobblywonderwoman Sun 25-Sep-16 08:36:15

Mine will have just turned 2 and 3

So far I bought mini paw patrol figures
Magnetic trains x 3 each
Like Lego people (from poundland)
Good idea about socks to fill them up
A DVD each
Chunky crayons- minions

Maybe a hat. Some schleich animal figures for their farm but might do that in an advent calendar

anyoldname76 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:24:54

i always put a bag of chocolate coins, a drink and a satsuma in. then each dc has 5 little gifts. this year my dd is getting fluffy socks, christmas lip balm, name crayons, earrings and a new beanie. my dss will be getting fluffy socks, name crayons, hot wheels car, a torch and top trumps.
they open stockings in our bed before going downstairs for the rest of the presents

SpringerS Sun 25-Sep-16 09:41:44

DS will be 4 by Christmas. His stocking will have, Rescue Bots, Rocket Racoon and Groot teddies, a toothbrush, mandarins, a couple of book sets, Poe Dameron outfit, Pixar Cars repainted to look like Batman characters (he saw these on youtube and loves them).

And Everest from Paw Patrol. - Which I thought would be the last Paw Patrol figure but won't be as the cartoon have introduced a new pup called Tracker! That show does nothing but introduce new characters, outfits and vehicles every 3 episodes, so they can sell more toys. angry

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 25-Sep-16 09:46:38

Chocolate coins, gingerbread man, then about 5 small things each, maybe pens/rubbers/other stationery, card game, bouncy ball, puzzle, novelty socks. No satsumas here.

FrancesHaHa Mon 26-Sep-16 20:11:23

NapQueen can I ask where you got your fairy Sellotape dispenser from? Dd would love one of those.

AugustRose Mon 26-Sep-16 20:29:24

I've just bought a small mache animal each and some decoupage paper from Hobbycraft as it's something the 3 youngest DC are into at the minute.

We have a new Home Bargains opening near us soon so I imagine a lot of money will be spent in there for stocking things. We usually add fluffy/slipper socks and a bath bomb.

TheOnlyColditz Mon 26-Sep-16 20:31:30

New socks, new toothbrush, shower gel, deodorant, chocolate coins and maybe some slippers

Cguk81 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:55:14

A big tube of Smarties...last year this was my 3 year old ds favourite present out of everything. And some matey bubble bath and a few other wee odds and sods.

Notsure1234 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:59:47

Ds 1yo

Toot toot animals
Magic flannel
Finger paints
Buggy book
Mini tambourine

And I like the idea of the peppa torch too

Notsure1234 Mon 26-Sep-16 21:00:10

Oh and a toy for the bath

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now