Xmas nibbles

(7 Posts)
JesusDontWantMeForASunbeam Thu 22-Sep-16 13:12:26

What do you have out? What should I buy?

I haven't hosted Christmas before. I'd like to start buying a few bits a week e.g Pringles, nuts etc but I'm clueless!

Xmas eve it's me, DP and 4 DCs
Xmas day- us 6 plus MIL
Boxing Day- us 6 plus my mum and stepdad

I have main meals planned for Christmas eve and Christmas Day and I'm thinking of a buffet for Boxing Day (original grin)

What do you buy in advance?

Stiddleficks Thu 22-Sep-16 15:25:12

We tend do a lot of cheese and crackers and naice ham etc. You could buy breadsticks, crackers, biscuits, crisps etc in advance. Most of what we but tends to be fresh fridge stuff so also looking for ideas!

mouldycheesefan Thu 22-Sep-16 15:31:02

Nobody ever cracks and eats nuts, they hang around for months.Cheese and ham tend to be a meal for us rather than pre dinner Canapes.

CarrotVan Thu 22-Sep-16 15:58:14

How much freezer space do you have? I'd start buying those prepared packs of party food for the buffet and sticking them in the freezer

IME you can never have enough M&S duck & hoisin spring rolls. M&S also do nice tins of nuts at Christmas which usually have an introductory price for a couple of weeks.

Loungingbutnotforlong Sat 24-Sep-16 07:14:00

If you mean sitting around in bowls, nibbles type stuff ( rather than canapés) you can't go wrong with some nuts and also quality street (separately) in little bowls.

MrsBellefleur Sat 24-Sep-16 07:21:25

Snacky things we have include:

Kettle type crisps
Pringles
Twiglets
Potato sticks/cheese savouries
Cheeselets
Breadsticks and dip
Pate on toast/crackers
Cheeses, pickled onions on crackers
Salted nuts
Variety of chocolate

Actual food wise we normally have cold meats and cheeses, sausage rolls, pigs in blankets, pork pie etc to make a buffet/picky meal.

Basically just many, many crisps and lots of cheese and crackers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now