Harry Potter Lego

(10 Posts)
Namechangenurseryconcerns Tue 20-Sep-16 21:52:50

I'd really like some for myself dd but has it been discontinued? Does anyone know where I can buy a decent set?

Nanasueathome Tue 20-Sep-16 21:57:55

Was going to suggest Amazon but it looks as though some of the sets are discontinued and are selling for ridiculous prices
My younger son is now mid 30's but when I was having a sort out I found unopened boxes of the HP original Lego
My grandsons now play with this
Would have kept it from them a big longer if I had realised the prices now

Namechangenurseryconcerns Tue 20-Sep-16 22:06:16

Yes Amazon was my first port of call but prices are crazy

HattiesBackpack Wed 21-Sep-16 12:21:59

eBay- there's loads! I've been contemplating getting some for my DS. (Start looking now though, because all Lego on eBay starts getting higher bids near Christmas)

Nanasueathome Wed 21-Sep-16 12:33:03

Just spent a fortune due to another thread- Argos 3 for2 toys offer but did notice HP Lego on there
May be worth a look

YogaDrone Wed 21-Sep-16 12:40:16

All HP lego sets were discontinued years ago. You can get the video games/lego dimensions sets from Argos but not the actual lego sets.

I have a Diagon Alley Set which DP bought me for a birthday years ago (and I remember giving him grief about paying so much for a lego set then) but the cheapest new set on Amazon now is nearly £500 shock

Don't, for the love of all that is holy, get Dumbledore's Office. We bought that kit for one of the dses, for Christmas, and I ended up having to assemble it for him.

It was a bloody nightmare - the instructions made no sense, and I was only saved from complete and total mental collapse, throwing it on the floor and jumping up and down on it, by my mother bringing me a large glass of sherry.

Namechangenurseryconcerns Thu 22-Sep-16 09:36:42

Oh that brings back memories of last year's marble run fiasco. 2 hours and plenty of sherry to put it together and then FIL collapsed it after dinner and had the nerve to laugh!!

We were staying at my mum's house, the year of the Great Christmas HP Lego Trauma, so Dumbledore's office, the Hogwarts Express and a couple of other kits had to be dismantled for transport home.

I nearly wept.

Dancergirl Thu 22-Sep-16 20:07:49

We bought quite a few sets on Ebay a few years ago at great expense. My dds did love them though, and they will probably resell quite well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now