Marks and Sparks Christmas Dinner

(15 Posts)
lionsleepstonight Sat 17-Sep-16 20:03:01

Did I imagine they did a 'bundle' of food for 6 for a set price?

If indeed I have not made this up, did anyone get it and was it any good?

MrsBungle Sat 17-Sep-16 20:08:21

Yes they do. I get the one which includes the cheese board every year. It's delicious.

twoandahalftimesthree Sun 18-Sep-16 14:05:30

I'd recommend the 'Cook' Christmas dinner. It all comes frozen and is an absolute breeze on the day. It's transformed christmas day for us into something actually fun rather than an exhausting cook-a-thon. Even my mum approves and she's an ex home economics teacher (with extremely high standards) who used to start cooking everything from scratch weeks in advance.
www.cookfood.net/menu/christmas/christmas-day

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 18-Sep-16 14:15:59

We tried M&S Christmas dinner once, never again, it wasn't a patch on homemade.

Hoppinggreen Sun 18-Sep-16 14:23:55

I usually cook everything from scratch but I order the M&S Xmas dinner.
Means I can chill out and enjoy the day too.

Embolio Sun 18-Sep-16 14:29:54

We got it last year as I was very heavily pregnant. It was lovely, couldn't fault it at all. We got the deal for 6 people. Might do it again this year as it was zero hassle.

Onionringo Mon 19-Sep-16 10:33:46

We got it last year. £100 for 6, I think. That was the one that included a cheese board. I think there's a cheaper one too. It was good. Very easy. Not as good as homemade, but far less stressful, and that's what I needed last Christmas.

merrygoround51 Mon 19-Sep-16 11:55:11

With M&S I think you are better picking what works rather than going for everything.

The pre prepared veg and sides are great but the meat is awful

Heirhelp Mon 19-Sep-16 18:22:51

We bought the prepared sides last year. They were awful.

NapQueen Mon 19-Sep-16 18:24:55

Can I ask, did the dinner for six actually feed six? I find their 2 dine for tenner deal really meagre on portion sizes and would worry people wouldn't feel full.

Caravanoflove Mon 19-Sep-16 20:09:08

This sounds great! Is it available early December (we are doing an early Xmas with family) and can it be ordered now?

Blueberry234 Mon 19-Sep-16 20:11:44

We have the done the M&S meal and it fed us all with leftovers equally as did the cook meal.
This year I am just doing a glorified roast chicken. It's only food

EsmesBees Mon 19-Sep-16 20:43:55

We had it for the first time last year. It was so easy. But not that special to be honest. I'd do it again if pushed for time.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Mon 19-Sep-16 20:46:51

We just did prepared sides and a fresh turkey the time we did it. They just weren't very nice, but they are effectively ready meals, so never going to be as good as home made. It certainly saves a bit of effort,

Nearlyadoctor Tue 20-Sep-16 11:55:29

We tried their venison last year and it was amazing - also a bit special as its not something we have regularly. The only problem is it only serves 3-4. This year I will do the same but buy 2 ( more of us), probably then do own sides potatoes etc but buy a nice pudding as a Christmas pud alternative. Also buy their salmon / game pie etc for Boxing Day. Not a fan of the cheese board as oatcakes taste like cardboard. Love Aldi's luxury crackers with sea salt .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now