Christmas mixing bowl

(5 Posts)
handsfree Sat 17-Sep-16 19:16:17

Not long until it's cake making time! Has anyone seen any lovely Christmassy mixing bowls about?

rhuhbarb4 Sat 17-Sep-16 19:22:42

I haven't seen one yet but every year I treat myself to s new one. I nearly always buy mine from Wilkos b&m or the range. No because they're cheap there but because they are usually the nicest!

If you want a nice one try HomeSense (the home wear branch of TKMaxx) or if your TKMaxx sells a good range of kitchen things, try there.

I but a huge plastic bowl from The Range (cheapie plastic) and do the butter/sugar in the Kenwood then do the folding in bit in the plastic bowl.

I have last years bowls but the bigger one gets used when I henna my hair (I put it in the bath to catch any rogue bits) and the smaller one to weigh my guinea-pigs.........................so I'll need new ones.
Henna'n'guinea-pig fur doesn't add anything worthwhile to a cake fgrin

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Sun 18-Sep-16 09:38:02

I would try t k maxx too
They do some lovely homey Christmas bits

thecapitalsunited Sun 18-Sep-16 09:50:18

What do you mean not long? I made my cake yesterday! grin blush

I've never thought about Christmas mixing bowls but I feel a bit sad that I don't have any now as it's the only thing I used my giant plastic mixing bowls for and they aren't great for beating the sugar and butter (and later egg) together because the mixture gets splatted up the walls of the bowl and I have to keep stopping and using a spatula to move everything back to the middle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now