Christmas days out with teens and early 20s

(8 Posts)
RunnyRattata Fri 16-Sep-16 17:12:32

It's been a horrible year for the family one way and another. I'm cheering myself up by planning a fab Christmas. It's going to be The One Where There's No Spending December Running About Getting Ready For Christmas!
Because I'll have done all the prep stuff before December for once in my life smile
That's the theory anyway.

Where can we go for days out in the run up to Christmas and/or between Christmas and New Year?

We went to Harry Potter studios a couple of years ago and it was amazing. Maybe a day in London to see the lights would be great (never done this).
Any other ideas please? We're in South Wales but happy to drive up to 3 hours each way for something really good.

ConstantlyCooking Sat 17-Sep-16 00:18:16

You could add ice skating outside the Natural History Museum or Somerset House to your day in London also traditional pantomime at Hackney Empire or look out for cheap theatre tickets on lastminute.com or tkts.

16augustholiday Sat 17-Sep-16 00:37:35

Not a day out but a few hours is to go to a Christmas tree farm and pick your own tree. We did it for the first time last year with DC then aged 15 and 11, it was a really nice few hours out and we went to a pub on the way back.

RunnyRattata Sat 17-Sep-16 00:49:56

Fab ideas thanks. There are a few tree farms near us

FeelingSmurfy Sat 17-Sep-16 01:02:36

What about things like -
Decorate the house together
Go get a tree
Choose a new theme and buy decorations for the tree
Bake Christmas treats
Go for a walk locally and look at the lights in houses, then home for hot chocolate
Go to a local light turning on night
Watch Christmas films all snuggled up with blankets and popcorn

Don't necessarily need to go out, all of those would make me happy and feel Christmassy and bring the family closer together

Ice skating
Panto or Christmas play (we have seen Christmas Carol, flintstreet nativity, local skit of Christmas Carol...)
Christmas markets - lots of places do them now
Carol concert

RunnyRattata Sat 17-Sep-16 07:42:57

Thanks Smurfy we do that first lot every year, except the new theme. Good ideas for the rest thanks. We have a local outdoor rink every Christmas so maybe I'll have a few private lessons and surprise them all by going on the ice and letting go of the barrier this year. Yes. Definitely going to do that thanks for the ideagrin

Randytortoise Sat 17-Sep-16 07:46:32

I've never been but plan to this year, the longeat festival of light looks amazing.

VagueButExcitlng Sat 17-Sep-16 07:51:18

Is there an indoor ski place near you?

The chill factor in Manchester might be close enough.

You can do taster ski or snowboard lessons (or get lift passes if you already ski)

We love doing this at Christmas. Even if we have a grey and mild December we get to get bundled up and have a snowball fight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now