Have you seen....

(14 Posts)
princessconsuelabannahammock Wed 14-Sep-16 10:17:15

Can anyone help me look for a you for my ds aged 2 nearly 3. I am looking for a you that has lots of spinning, twisting bits on it. A bit like the wall mounted or wooden cube units you see in doctors or children's centers. My boy loves spinning things, posting blocks and opening little doors with a key.

BIt of a long shot I know but any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

princessconsuelabannahammock Wed 14-Sep-16 10:17:59

You=toy

DonkeyOaty Wed 14-Sep-16 10:28:57

Google "busy board for toddlers"

IKEA!

www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/101/11573/east-coast-wooden-activity-cube/?gclid=COCV35nGjs8CFRQ6Gwod-UgDtQ

Like this one?

princessconsuelabannahammock Wed 14-Sep-16 13:22:39

Thanks all. I saw a you it was for a baby. It had balls as well. The busy boards look really good but was thinking of something different. Umm will keep searching thanks

jj21 Wed 14-Sep-16 17:30:02

We have one of these. Very expensive but VERY well made.
www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/children/activity-boards-and-centres/fantasy-cube-rp4108-0018518-2738-information.htm
The manufacturer (Suffolk Playworks) does some other similar things as well, or they used to.

Ours is now 10 years old, still looks like new and every child who enters the house plays with it. Even the 13 year olds (DC1's friends) when they think I am not looking. DC3 (9) plays with it all the time - loads of imaginative play plus lots to spin/turn/peg. Great value per play and one of the few things we will keep for grandchildren. HTH

princessconsuelabannahammock Wed 14-Sep-16 18:15:02

Wow - that would be my entire Xmas budget. Thanks for posting though

wobblywonderwoman Wed 14-Sep-16 18:23:34

Hi op

It might not be exactly what you are looking for but just in relation to the key interest- Melissa and Doug have puzzle boards with locks and bolts and also a house with a doorbell and you open the doors.

My boy is also into this type of thing

CakeNinja Wed 14-Sep-16 18:40:07

We had the Melissa and Doug latches and locks board, 6 doors I think with different openings.
It was a waste of money in the end, 4 of the catches were too stiff to operate on his own which he found really frustrating and after about 2 months, the wood had warped so the doors no longer closed properly anyway!

Noseypoke Thu 15-Sep-16 08:06:10

Maybe a wee bit old for your DS, but gears, gears, gears is fantastic. I think DS wasn't much older than 3 when he was given it.

Noseypoke Thu 15-Sep-16 08:06:52

gears gears gears

Noseypoke Thu 15-Sep-16 08:07:37

Actually it says from age 3.

PamelaPatricia Thu 22-Sep-16 09:12:17

This is available for £40 from ELC and is included in the 3 for 2 offer.

Wooden activity cube

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now