Gift for my Christmas mad friend.

(10 Posts)
Bonnylassie Mon 12-Sep-16 22:35:45

I have a lovely friend who helped me out a lot recently and is going through a hard time her self so I'm on the look out for a gift to say thank you. She loves all things christmassy and is very crafty. Ideally I would like an advent calender but can't see one that fit the bill, has anyone seen one? Or any other suggestions? Tia.

HesMyLobster Mon 12-Sep-16 22:42:13

Around this time Last year a lovely friend bought me the Christmas editions of all the house/home/craft type magazines, together with a beautiful Christmas mug and a Christmas planner - I spent the most gorgeous day leafing through them all and planning all my Christmas prep, it was heaven!

Or you could buy a reusable advent calendar and fill it yourself with all her favourite little things?

Bonnylassie Tue 13-Sep-16 07:00:39

Lovely ideas, thank you!

HowToProceed Wed 14-Sep-16 12:40:35

cath kidston christmas planner? i have one, its lovely

d270r0 Wed 14-Sep-16 14:49:50

How about this lovely stationary advent calendar for adults? £25.99

Mrs Brimbles stationary advent box

Emeralda Sat 17-Sep-16 21:21:42

A Christmas countdown thing? I got one for a Christmas mad colleague last year and she cried (in a good way). It was a couple of quid from The Card Factory and can be used again. I love the magazines and mug idea above.

IsItGinTimeYet Mon 19-Sep-16 23:59:33

I love Christmas and every 1st of November I treat myself to the Christmas edition of Good Housekeeping, a new notebook, a candle (cranberry or pine tree), a bottle of vintage port and a box of luxury mince pies.

This is one of my favourite evenings of the year!!!

mangomay Tue 20-Sep-16 00:02:26

I just bought myself and DSis a Yankee candle advent calendar each. They're last years so I got 2 for £23.99 on Amazon! Only a few left though, be quick.
I love the Christmas magazine and mug/notebook idea! I'd love someone to buy me that. Might send the link to this thread to DP!

bimbobaggins Tue 20-Sep-16 14:12:20

That sounds lovely isit , might do that myself

Bonnylassie Tue 20-Sep-16 23:03:17

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've bought her a benefit advent calendar, a Christmas mug and will be getting the Christmas magazines as soon as they hit the shops. Ill look at a Christmas countdown as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now