Peppa Pig World at Christmas?

(12 Posts)
Equimum Sat 10-Sep-16 20:06:05

We're going to be in the Southampton area in mid-December and are considering taking our two DSs, who will be 16 months and just 4. Has anyone been and is it worth the money, please? TIA

GlitteryFluff Sat 10-Sep-16 20:12:15

Watching and bump!

RicStar Sat 10-Sep-16 21:45:41

We went in summer with DD just 4 DS just 2 not been in winter. Pp world was lovely esp for ds but very busy so I think quieter time of year would be better - kids got bored of queuing. All rides are all ages but all very tame. Ds liked meeting peppa / George / Suzy etc so might be worth checking that stuff is on. DD liked some of the other rides in the park a lot more than the peppa ones (more 'scary' but still 4 year old suitable). Ds liked tractor ride and we had a v.fun day.

HeadDreamer Sun 11-Sep-16 22:24:55

Are you thinking of going to the winter wonderland too? We went last year with my 4yo and she loved it. The park itself is quieter but it depends on the weather if it's worth visiting. It's no fun when it's raining and cold. If it's not raining it is great. Lots of rides suitable of your two.

Equimum Tue 13-Sep-16 13:13:59

Thank-you for your replies ladies.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my question posing. Yes, I was asking specifically about the Winter Wonderland. We have been in summer before, but were wondering whether the Christmas thingy might be a nice treat for the boys.

Head, yes, we will need to consider the weather. Maybe we won't actually book then.

Humidseptember Tue 13-Sep-16 15:03:32

I hope so op, we are booked to go!!

any thing out in the open in winter is going to be awful thogh.

Jinglebells99 Tue 13-Sep-16 15:19:41

We used to go every year for years when my children were small until they were too old sad . I would say definitely book in advance as they sell out of the Winter Wonderland tickets. The park itself is usually quieter than normal so queues are reduced. We did it in all sorts of weather!

HeadDreamer Tue 13-Sep-16 19:40:58

Want to say yes if you want to go to the winter wonderland you need to book. It's really lovely and booked up quickly. The Santa grotto is indoors.

If it's just the rest of the park, then you can get a ticket at the gate.

HeadDreamer Tue 13-Sep-16 19:41:49

It's got lots of lights and animatronic characters.

meridithssister Tue 13-Sep-16 19:43:53

Yes we have done it and it's great. Book now though, as it will be sold out by December. My top tip would be to wear water proof trousers if it is cold and wet. Some of the rides are open so be prepared for wet bums! grin

Humidseptember Tue 13-Sep-16 20:38:01

jingle was it good?

Citizenerased123 Fri 16-Sep-16 13:21:18

We went with our ds on his 3rd birthday last year. It's basically a room with a windy path that leads to Santa that has lots of moving and talking animals eg singing reindeer (the songs get a bit grating after waiting for 30 mins!) It was impressive when we first got there but my ds was quite scared by some of the moving animals/ models which wasn't ideal as you're surrounded by them and we had nowhere for him to escape to until we reached the end of the queue.

I also thought it was quite expensive; we had to pay for a ticket for him for winter wonderland but he wouldn't have had to pay if we just went to Peppa pig world. Personally I don't think I would pay to go to winter wonderland again but lots of people there seemed to enjoy it. Peppa pig world on the other hand was amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now