Mini maxi scooter

(7 Posts)
frazzled74 Fri 09-Sep-16 22:41:02

Are they worth the money? Which size would be best for an average size 4 year old? And are there any bargain deals? Advice much appreciated please.

Wayfarersonbaby Fri 09-Sep-16 23:06:35

They seem to be pretty durable and work really well - my 3.5 yo had one last Christmas and loved it, got scooting straight away with no problems. All her friends from nursery have one so I doubt I'd have got away with a different one! grin

Couldn't find any bargain deals, they never seem to go on sale (even shops like JoJo exempt them from their percentage off deals). I ended up getting DD's from John Lewis as I had some vouchers. She is small for her age and still likes her mini maxi and I've seen small 5 y olds on them, but I guess the bigger adjustable one might be a more long-lasting bet for a 4 yo?

feetheart Fri 09-Sep-16 23:21:38

Yes, absolutely worth the money and we don't tend to spend a lot of money on presents. They also hold their value unless completely trashed by reckless small boys!
DS had a Mini for his 2nd birthday and a Maxi for his 5th birthday. He's not the tallest and was starting to tip over the handlebars of the Mini when he hit a bump (he did tend to go hell for leather see above smile)
Could you sneakily get DC to try out a friend's Maxi and see how it works? I think if you get a Mini you may only get a year's use out of it.

wyldstile Sat 10-Sep-16 08:50:54

Best prices last year were at this German site If I remember correctly, the maxi at its lowest goes down to the same height as the mini, just with a bigger footplate, so you might be better just getting the bigger one.

Blerg Sat 10-Sep-16 08:58:51

I could find a deal for DD's birthday. I eventually found one £5 cheaper than online in local toy shop, and I like to shop locally at least a little.

JDSTER Sat 10-Sep-16 15:46:49

Both my children have had mini micros and they have definitely been worth the money. I've bought a maxi for my 5 year old daughter from ebay, in great condition. The handlebars at lowest point is the same as a mini but it's a heavier scooter. I've sold on both micro scooters so as well as getting good use from them, they also have a good resale price. See if any retailers that sell them are available through a cash back site as there are very few offers on them.

frazzled74 Sat 10-Sep-16 16:09:24

Thank you, I will have a look online. I think it sounds as though the maxi will be better value.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now