Christmas Days Out in Scotland

(10 Posts)
LeonoraFlorence Fri 09-Sep-16 20:25:30

Hi,

I've started booking a few days out for my DDs around Christmas and wondered if any other Scottish mumsnetters have and tips for fun Christmas activities around the central belt?
Thanks!

LeonoraFlorence Fri 09-Sep-16 20:26:17

'Have any tips' that should say! hmm

user1470840482 Fri 09-Sep-16 21:01:03

What have you booked so far? I am looking for inspiration .

I am looking at panto tickets but they are so expensive shock

My ideas have been breakfast with santa at the garden centres, vist the xmas markets in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Friends did the santa on the snow at Xscape last year and it looked good, or the train rides in Strathspey or Bo'ness although again both not cheap!

Ceaser1981 Fri 09-Sep-16 21:54:03

Think they normally do some fun stuff at the mcrobert centre at stirling uni or albert hall.

deltacrook Fri 09-Sep-16 21:56:38

Panto
Edinburgh
Pitlochry forest thing

InYourHonour Fri 09-Sep-16 22:24:33

Steam train at Bo'ness is good but it is expensive at about a tenner each.
We've been to the light show thing at Pitlochry but think thats early for Christmas its October ish.
Theres a fairy glen place near loch lomond that does a santa experience i might try that this year.
One year we went to New Lanark for their christmas experience and it was a goodnday out.
We go to Panto every year at MacRobert which is always good.
Brewers Fayre usually do a breakfast with Santa thing

deltacrook Sat 10-Sep-16 09:58:09

Santa at the deer centre is usually good but that is Cupar

Keep it quiet as it is a jhidden secret but breakfast followed by Santa at loch levens larder is very good. That is down Kinross way.

beatricequimby Sat 10-Sep-16 23:15:54

The Lyceum in Edinburgh does a preview of it's Christmas Show with tickets at a tenner. Think it is Alice this year. If you are near Glasgow, Edenmill Farm does a low key Santa with reindeer and haybales to play on. There is iceskating in George Sq but you have to book it and I always wonder if it will be too cold and rainy.

RJnomore1 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:30:58

How old are your kids?

Lots of the national trust places do really good Xmas things through December. If they do the enchanted castle at culzean it's great fun.

Emeralda Sun 11-Sep-16 22:21:45

Glasgow Museums do great free stuff. Santa School at Scotland Street School Museum is excellent. RSNO do good Christmas concerts. The kids ones are cheaper.
NTS and Historic Scotland places good too. Culzean is lovely - worth making a day of it and considering NTS membership. It's not cheap but worth it if you make the most of it.
Stirling Castle has stuff on too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now