Christmas outing

(7 Posts)
craftymadam Sat 03-Sep-16 16:08:38

I want to plan a really lovely Christmassy day out or even a mini break for my DC's (6,6,9).
Last year we did the Longleat Festival of lights which was brilliant - we went ice skating, saw Father Christmas and loved the lights - it was such a great day out.
Can anyone recommend something else really magical (that's not going to bankrupt me too!) wink

Skala123 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:46:33

We've booked hever this year which looks really good (the twilight thing) but I've always liked the look of kew at christmas too but not been

wineoclockthanks Sat 03-Sep-16 20:08:22

Christmas market? Apparently the one in Birmingham rivals the German/Belgan ones.

wineoclockthanks Sat 03-Sep-16 20:10:54

Just noticed a thread further down all about UK Christmas markets!

justgivemeamo Sat 03-Sep-16 20:13:02

TBH I think your going to be hard pushed to beat longleat, with the variety of stuff to do. It has everything and its so lovely.

Mumtogremlins Fri 16-Sep-16 18:33:04

I'm thinking of this too, maybe a short break. Thought Kew looked nice. Celtic Manor in Wales is booked up for us, Center Parcs too expensive. Looking for somewhere Christmassy with lots to do. The older ones (11,12) not really into Santa any more

ChristmasZombie Sat 17-Sep-16 19:50:26

We're going to Butlins the weekend before Christmas. We've been before but not for the Christmas break. Hopefully it'll be good! Reviews of previous years are all pretty positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now