Presents for a nearly 3 year old

(7 Posts)
mrsreddington Tue 30-Aug-16 21:07:34

Why have I only just discovered this topic? It's amazing grin

Dc1 will be nearly 3 at Xmas and I've no idea what to get him. He is dinosaur crazy (don't see that changing). Does anyone have any suggestions?

He got a kitchen last year which is still well played with. Likes his playmobil zoo and duplo (but I'm keen to avoid more duplo...)

ipswichwitch Tue 30-Aug-16 21:10:36

How about playmobil dinosaurs? There's a t-Rex and volcano, triceratops, baby t-Rex with buggy and trailer. My 2.8yo loves them.

Fresh01 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:59:59

Schleich animals range have dinosaurs that are very detailed.

Outside toys
Puzzles

If he loves dinosaurs get things with that theme but I wouldn't get him only dinosaurs. Having 4 kids from 4-10, one day they love something then within a matter of weeks they can go off it and onto something else.

If he likes Playmobil style toys get their catalogue, you request it from their website, and see what other Playmobil may interest him. We have heaps of Playmobil and it has always got a lot of use.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Tue 30-Aug-16 22:07:09

Imaginext have a dinosaur range which are quite good, good brand too. DD has the batcave and monsters inc set which is well made.

If u wanted to use dinosaurs to branch into a new interest teenage mutant ninja turtles half shell heroes have dinosaur buddies. Same style as imaginext.

My dd is 4 her loves have been paw patrol, busy books (£5 in tesco range of characters available), magnetic scribbler, space hopper, plastic animals, playskool superheroes (her favourite is hulk!)

mrsreddington Tue 30-Aug-16 22:43:05

I'm steering clear of tv/book characters as they change on a daily basis. Dinosaurs have been in favour for a few months now so I feel safe (ish!) in buying a few bits. Will check out these suggestions and sign up for the playmobil catalogue (I love playmobil!). Hadn't thought about outdoor stuff-that's a good idea.

Lovelydiscusfish Wed 31-Aug-16 00:19:02

Dd has a wooden Dino Park set from ELC that she still plays with quite a bit. It is a bit like a Jurassic Park setting - a zoo for dinosaurs. She was four when she got it but I'd say it would be even better for a three year old - it's quite simplistic. There is a little dinosaur trap on a winch. It's a nice toy.

wobblywonderwoman Wed 31-Aug-16 00:26:34

Magnetic trains and a train track- loved here (I have two)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now