New Christmas tree recommendations!

(11 Posts)
lionsleepstonight Sun 21-Aug-16 09:22:00

We really need a new tree, I'm never quick enough/too skint to get on in the Jan sales...

Would love a big bushy 7ft specimen.....where's your tree from and how much?

Plastic ones only please as I'm allergic to the real ones!

BerylThePeril44 Sun 21-Aug-16 09:33:52

After twenty years of real trees we invested in our first artificial one last year. I was a bit worried about the quality / effect etc but was over the moon with it . Bought ours from www.balsamhill.co.uk They're a bit pricey but well worth it. They even put gloves in to wear when setting up ! X

LazySusan11 Sun 21-Aug-16 14:20:30

I second Balsam Hill, I had been on the hunt for that perfect conical twinkly tree, after the last tree we bought which died before Christmas Day and dropped a shit load of needles everywhere I'd had enough so spent an age looking for an artificial tree that looked as real as possible.

The choices on Balsam I found were overwhelming so after a lot of buggering about we finally chose a prelit 6ft European silver fir which we paid half price for.

I love it, it's perfect! the only thing I don't enjoy is putting it together and fluffing the branches but I think that's the same with any artificial tree.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Sun 21-Aug-16 18:54:40

We bought this last year. It was really beautiful and though pricey, was well worth it.

neeps1207 Sun 21-Aug-16 22:41:03

I asked this same question last year! After lots of recommendations, I just went "sod it!" and bought a balsam hill prelit tree. It is beautiful and will definitely last. I can't remember which one exactly but it was a 6ft slim version with multicoloured lights and it fits perfectly in our bay window at home. I can't wait to get it out this year, it's literally up in 5-10mins, no faffing about with lights so you can just concentrate on the fun part of putting the tree decorations on. Yes, it was fairly pricey but we got it 50% off in the sale.

SnowBodyforrrrm Mon 22-Aug-16 11:56:02

Balsam hill all the way! Got a prelit 6ft one last year and liked it so much I went back and got another 6ft half tree for the kids toy/dining room. The quality is fantastic and everyone who came round commented on them. Pricey but worth it, especially given the price rise of a non drop Norwegian spruce year on year. It will have paid for itself within a few years. I do miss the real tree smell though but will find something to solve that fsmile

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Mon 22-Aug-16 16:27:15

SnowBody, I saw these last year in High Lewis. They created a really authentic scent of Christmas tree. I believe there are a couple of scents in the range.
Personally, I don't like the smell of Christmas trees so an artificial one is a necessity for me.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Mon 22-Aug-16 16:28:04

*John Lewis

SnowBodyforrrrm Mon 22-Aug-16 19:35:20

Sounds perfect! Thank you so much flowers

lionsleepstonight Mon 22-Aug-16 21:30:24

Thanks everyone, off to checkout BH!

GingerIvy Tue 23-Aug-16 17:24:25

I'm going to be buying a new Christmas tree this year for our new house. Such lovely trees!! I want to get a really good one this year, and I'm leaning towards prelit (as I'm tired of stringing the lights through it).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now