Anyone heard of/follow Organized Christmas

(61 Posts)
Noodlebrains Thu 18-Aug-16 10:42:13

Spelling not mine - it's an American site.

There's a few different plans but the general idea is you start on 28th August and do a few household things and a few Christmas things each week.

So de-clutter living room and write Christmas card list (although a bit more involved than that)

I like the idea as I'm due 22nd December and have a 3 year old so want to be slightly prepared and not running round last minute.

Anyone else interested? We could have a support group!

Ineedmorelemonpledge Thu 18-Aug-16 10:48:31

I'm interested! Is it an app that you use, or do you have a website link?

I am a complete Christmasist! But since my ex left and I've been struggling as a single parent and with a new job, also the joy of Christmas left - firstly with the breakup and dealing with the first Christmas alone and then the following year it wasn't my turn for Christmas.

This year I have my DS and all my family coming over for the NY. So I'm determined to get my Christmas mojo right back up there...! Sounds like it could be both a useful and motivational idea for me. grin

mumbathing Thu 18-Aug-16 10:51:49

Christmas countdown

Is this the right link? Never heard of it but totally up for it. First Christmas in 11 years that I'll be working full time in the run up to! Plus hosting for the second time ever and have 4 kids, the 4th who will celebrate his first birthday on Boxing Day. I need to be organised this year!

Noodlebrains Thu 18-Aug-16 11:01:15

mumbathing that's one of the plans. They're all on this link christmas.organizedhome.com. About the second link down there's a picture of a woman with a pile of presents and under that is the link to all the plans.

I'm following the house and home plan with bits of the holiday grand plan thrown in.

Be back again soon - DD is intent on wrecking the house today!

Ratbagcatbag Thu 18-Aug-16 13:27:46

Oooooh. I get back on the 2nd sept and then Christmas holiday planning commences. This sounds fab. smile

divafever99 Thu 18-Aug-16 13:31:04

Ooh this sounds good. I'm going back to work in September after 12 months mat leave, so I'm keen to get organised.

RuggerHug Thu 18-Aug-16 14:28:18

Oh I like the sound of this, can compare it to my spreadsheet one. I always think I'll have everything sorted but will inevitably forget something blush

trixymalixy Thu 18-Aug-16 15:06:29

marking my place for later..

lozabella Thu 18-Aug-16 20:19:39

I'm definitely in! I bloody love Christmas and I saw this website a few weeks ago. I can't wait! Loving the idea of a support group.

SushiRocks Thu 18-Aug-16 21:07:31

I'm in

Noodlebrains Fri 19-Aug-16 08:52:30

What plans are you all planning on following? I like the house and home plan because some aspects of the Holiday Grand Plan seem a bit Ott (they recommend an hour of making Christmas crafts a day!!) but they also recommend making an extra dinner every week or so to put in the freezer. So I think I'll do that. Also the Holiday Gramd Plan recommends cleaning out your attic - not something I'd normally do but I'm going to take the opportunity to get all the baby clothes down and make sure all the baby stuff up there is still in good condition.

Noodlebrains Fri 19-Aug-16 08:56:31

There are pages you can print out on that Organised home site but there are some pretty ones here too thepolkadotposie.com

lostlalaloopsy Fri 19-Aug-16 09:08:32

This sounds great!! We have moved and about to start building an extension so I want to get cracking with Christmas planning so I don't get too overwhelmed!

TheWoollybacksWife Fri 19-Aug-16 11:20:26

I'm interested. I like being organised and I love Christmas so the combination of the two is right up my street fgrin

I definitely need to tackle the house. I work part time in term term so I've been off for 5 weeks now with another two to go and the bare minimum of housework has been done. So my plan is to get cracking once everyone is back to school. All bedrooms were decluttered before the holidays so I am feeling quite virtuous. It would be useful to have a schedule that we can stick to. Grown up DD2 will join in too wether they want to is a different matter.

I'll have a look at the plans after the weekend and will pick out the bits that are relevant to us.

HairsprayBabe Fri 19-Aug-16 12:08:55

YAAAAAS!
And I get the emails form 101 days till Christmas as well,
I rarely do all the weeks because it seems as though this woman lives in some sort of palace and my house has a grand total of 5 rooms, but it keeps me festive and I LOVE a gifting cupboard fsmile

OvO Fri 19-Aug-16 12:29:00

I'm in!

I'm the sort of person that needs to be told what to do, with a nice little box to be checked off. fblush

Noodlebrains Fri 19-Aug-16 12:50:02

Hairspray my house has 5 rooms too! Including the bathroom!

LazySusan11 Fri 19-Aug-16 13:03:44

I'm in! I'm already getting impatient for Christmas stuff in shops..I have a thing for wrapping paper it seems!

Noodlebrains Fri 19-Aug-16 13:43:20

OvO the Organized home has printable checklists that you could print out and check off!

FireflyGirl Fri 19-Aug-16 19:26:30

Sounds like my kind of website! Checking it out now grin

BiddyPop Sun 21-Aug-16 09:50:27

I've sort of followed the Holiday Grand Plan for a few years now- I'm not religious about it but it is always a good prompt on things to get done. I am usually completely rubbishy at getting any craft done.

This year, I am trying out the HHP instead to see if that works better for me.

But overall I found that it does help to focus me to get organised, a bit decluttered and having a reasonably clean house without extra stress- which then means I can ENJOY the Christmas season rather than having a mad dash to get sorted. fgrin

lostlalaloopsy Mon 22-Aug-16 07:39:42

I have made a start - sort of! I am a week early, but this weekend we made a start on the porch. We moved in a while ago and have done nothing, so we stripped the wallpaper and dh prepped the walls, so will paint it this wkd. Ds and I cleaned the outside porch and windows - 4 year old ds was over the moon to do this!! We gave the path a good scrub, and got rid of hundreds of cobwebs!! It feels good to have done something!

Ragwort Mon 22-Aug-16 07:49:52

Sounds like a good idea.

babynugget Mon 22-Aug-16 07:55:03

Sounds like this was made for me!! Off to check it out. I'm sure I'll be back! Thanks for sharing OP.

Sparklygiganticpants Mon 22-Aug-16 08:48:30

I would love to do this!! Definitely need something to keep me on track.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now