Tell me about Aliexpress please

(9 Posts)
Wenchelda Thu 11-Aug-16 21:50:03

I've seen Aliexpress mentioned on here quite a bit but never really looked at it until yesterday. Everything seems ridiculously cheap - so what's the catch? Is it dodgy quality? Or does it take months to arrive? Are there certain things to definitely avoid buying on there? Looks like some bargains to be had, but of course they're not bargains if they're rubbish when they arrive (or if they don't arrive at all!)

chipsandpeas Thu 11-Aug-16 22:15:17

rubbish quality and fakes from my experience

WeAllHaveWings Thu 11-Aug-16 22:22:12

i have bought stud football boots for £30 which went in the bin after attempts to return (not safe to wear for football). also bought football tops but ds wouldnt weat as there were scratchy sesms inside.

bought minecraft plush toys cheap which were ok.

does take a while to arrive so order early. also they dont pay customs so there is always the risk your parcel gets stuck, or if you order too much you get a warning letter from customs

After the football boot/top problems I stopped using.

WeAllHaveWings Thu 11-Aug-16 22:24:41

Forgot we also got a football but it was too heavy, so ds stopped playing with.

Obviously everything is fake, they don't pay customs, you can't return (unless you pay postage and customs back to China) that's why it is so cheap so you do take a risk.

Wenchelda Thu 11-Aug-16 22:37:30

Okaaaay... Thanks for the warnings. Thought it seemed too good to be true!

verystressedmum Mon 22-Aug-16 22:48:47

I buy jewellery off aliexpress, it's costume jewellery and most of it is actually quite nice and the quality is ok more or less the same as the costume jewellery in the shops like new look etc.

I've never been charged for customs not sure if it's because it only cost 50p and I've never had a problem with sellers they've all sent the stuff I've ordered.

I've bought a few other things like pencil cases, cups and other tat. I bought a football kit once which was surprisingly good.

I sound like an advert for aliexpress hmmgrin

serin Sat 27-Aug-16 23:33:42

I bought a bag a couple of years ago for DD. God knows what it was made from but the smell (Think V strongly chemical) was so awful it went straight in the bin.

McNo Sat 27-Aug-16 23:39:12

I've bought trainers which are very very good fakes, I couldn't tell the difference.

I've also bought clothing and had no problems, the quality is no different than clothing from cheaper shops like Tesco and Asda

I ordered an elf on the shelf doll for a couple of pounds and it's great, same as the ones selling for £10+ on eBay

NapQueen Sat 27-Aug-16 23:41:32

There is also Wish which is similar.

I've got a few baby top and trouser sets, a few cross stitch threads sets and odd little bits like a mobile phone holder etc. All perfect use able and good quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now