Sylvanian families

(15 Posts)
NPowerShitShower Thu 11-Aug-16 13:05:08

Hi - just wondering if anyone has found any good deals on Sylvanians?
Thanks in advance for any tips!

Methenyouplus4 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:25:58

Following. They seem to be £££. I've found good deals on houses etc when buying for friend's DC in the past but actual figures never really seem to be reduced.

OutwardBound2016 Fri 12-Aug-16 08:28:28

The starter house is usually on offer on Amazon around Christmas (small house, one character and a few bits of furniture I think). John Lewis sometimes reduce random sets but not usually the characters. DD has the school bus which is very popular.

FeckinCrutches Fri 12-Aug-16 08:32:39

Are you absolutely sure your child will play with it? A company gave my husband some Amazon vouchers last November so I splashed out on a house and five rooms sets. I spend all bloody Christmas day setting it up (so fiddly/tons of packaging) and now it just sits in the playroom gathering dust. It cost me a small fortune and I hate it grin

Methenyouplus4 Fri 12-Aug-16 08:47:00

Feckin- that's so annoying. I'm not 100% sure, I'm just basing it on the fact I used to love mine. Could you not sell yours? They still seem to cost £££ secondhand round here?

MyGreenSofa Fri 12-Aug-16 08:56:50

You could definitely sell it on Feckin. I've got my old sylvanian house & families sitting in a box waiting for DD (currently 22 months) to be old enough to play with them! I think they are beautiful which is reflected in their price but were never very popular when I was young so surprised they're still going really and still so expensive!

FeckinCrutches Fri 12-Aug-16 09:41:58

I think I'll definitely sell them before Christmas, I think I spent about £200 on them new, so bloody cross about it! angry

Hulababy Fri 12-Aug-16 09:47:22

You often get some deals on houses and some play sets before Christmas, and just after. Not on furniture and characters much though.

Dd loved SF. We had a whole room full of it. She's 14y now and it's all packed up in large boxes in the garage - masses of it: hotel, various houses, windmills, cars and vehicles, shops, masses of furniture, loads of characters you name it! There is more than a £1000 worth of stuff in those boxes. Absolutely tons of it! But she won't sell it - SF has a high resell value normally esp best Christmas.

NPowerShitShower Fri 12-Aug-16 13:06:29

Thanks so much everyone. The other place I've seen odd reduced sets is in Sainsburys, but only really families and just on the off chance, there's no pattern to it. Will keep an eye out and report back if I find anything.

Fresh01 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:40:51

You can normally get the car and caravan on a special deal somewhere before Xmas. It is a good trial item if you aren't sure they are going to like it.

LIZS Fri 12-Aug-16 20:42:15

Argos have cedar terrace for £34.99.

nickdrakeslovechild Fri 12-Aug-16 20:58:24

Amazon have good deals on it, find out what she wants and pop it in your basket, if you check it every day the prices go up and down constantly. I picked up the cosy cottage and furniture for £14 and lots of families for around £10 each.
My DD is nearly 5 and SF and Magiclip dolls are her favourites. I really wanted SF when I was younger but it was always too expensive so we do have a lot of it fblush the tree house, log cabin, camper van, nursery and dentists are favourites. Also if you have a local facebook group look on there as I picked up a huge bag of bits and bobs for about £10, it had the pizza delivery set and the nursery sets in it. They are always on mine but we have so much of it now there is not much we I need fgrin

Barbeasty Sat 13-Aug-16 14:33:49

If you have an idea of which bits you want then you could set up an alert on Camelcamelcamel.

JaneAustinAllegro Sat 13-Aug-16 14:43:30

I bought the hotel a car, bags of little animals and stacks of furniture for about £100 on eBay. I had to give it a bit of a clean, but it was an absolute bargain and it does seem that you need a lot of this kit which would cost a fortune if you bought it all new. Would start looking there, and leave it all set up on christmas morning. My DD didn't notice and just got on playing with it

Cabawill Mon 15-Aug-16 12:43:08

If you can, keep an eye on your local FB selling page. I got 2 large boxes including the cafe, chapel, ice cream and fish & chip vans and lots of families with clothes etc for £50 on mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now