Baby Born/Baby Annabelle

(8 Posts)
OutwardBound2016 Thu 11-Aug-16 08:11:57

We have a Baby Born which DD loves (plus about 15 other assorted dolls). She is 5 but her and her sister still play will dolls a LOT! I have been looking at the Baby Born swimming doll and the Baby Annabelle walking one, does anyone have either? Are they any good or a waste of money?. Any advice appreciated

RosaBee Thu 11-Aug-16 08:54:09

I, or my 4 year old should I say, have the walking annabel.
She was desperate for her last Christmas. The doll is very hard and robotic so I think that might put her off a bit. She's also not easy to put into the right position to then make her crawl so she face plants a lot and frustrates my daughter. I knew she wouldn't play with her but after she saw the advert it was all she talked about!

sglodion Thu 11-Aug-16 13:13:29

Our swimming baby born had to be thrown out after a few months because even though I squeezed all the water out and dried it to the best of my ability after use it started growing mould inside

NeedACleverNN Thu 11-Aug-16 13:16:15

We have a baby born

Bought it for Dd when she was 2 so she was a bit young really. Apart from weeing,pooing and crying it doesn't really do much. It's just a hard bodied doll..

I'm looking into getting her a tiny tears real born this year. A softer doll that she can cradle and stuff

OutwardBound2016 Thu 11-Aug-16 13:25:23

Thanks for your feedback, as I suspected style over substance!!

daisydalrymple Thu 11-Aug-16 22:33:11

We have the baby born swim doll. I think we've had her two years. She swam OK in the bath and dried out fine. Think her hair might be a little matted, but not like rapunzel styling head hmm but she hasn't been played with loads. In hindsight, that might be because I didn't encourage the amount of faff involved... I guess it would be a good toy for bath time instead of having to make the effort to get wet everytime she came out! In fact I'll suggest dd puts her in the bath tomorrow night if I remember and will report back if she's still going strong! About as played with as last year's MUST HAVE baby born washstand and bath in fact???!

OutwardBound2016 Thu 11-Aug-16 22:49:42

Daisy, I feel the same about the 'must have' Baby Born interactive toilet!!

daisydalrymple Fri 12-Aug-16 19:38:38

Baby born swim is alive and kicking / splashing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now