Santa presents

(12 Posts)
SaRaHb1230 Thu 21-Jul-16 00:37:43

dose anyone still do Santa presents ?? My children know i buy the main bulk.So i do one big Santa present,and a elf present and the rest from us.

DeltaSunrise Thu 21-Jul-16 07:20:41

Father Christmas brings their stockings and a main present for them. This year Father Christmas is bringing them new bikes.

They know that we and family buy the rest.

Redglitter Thu 21-Jul-16 07:31:52

Our family has always done the 'big' present from Santa the rest are from whoever bought them

BiddyPop Thu 21-Jul-16 16:09:55

We always put something under the tree from DH and I for DD (and appropriately labelled), along with all the other presents to all 3 of us from whoever was kind enough to give us a gift.

Santa always brought a good few things and a large stocking, which could be opened as soon as eyes opened in the morning. Tree presents are late afternoon once we get home from various visits etc. and while dinner is cooking.

I think DD has sussed it a couple of years ago. She's 10. But she has never yet admitted that she does know (just gave plenty of knowing hints about specifics last year).

Whenever it does become clear, and Santa no longer officially calls here, I am intending that all 3 of us will get a stocking still. And the tree present will probably be more substantial than just some nice clothes for school (no uniform so DD tends to wear a resasonably high-end tracksuit range as she does a LOT of sports).

MiddleClassProblem Thu 21-Jul-16 16:13:38

We do stockings (for adults too).

I thought this thread was going to be about what you leave out for Santa grin was looking to get midnight snack ideas

sweetsomethings Thu 21-Jul-16 20:07:55

Yes we do in this house everything that appears overnight on xmas eve is from santa. Only presents from family and friends are from the givers and not from santa

Notso Thu 21-Jul-16 20:26:29

Everything we buy them is from FC. Well the bigger two know it's us now but play along for the little two.

Presents from anyone else get stored in my room then put under the tree on Christmas Eve. They get opened on Boxing Day or sometimes the day after that.

ChristmasZombie Tue 26-Jul-16 07:51:25

Stockings are from Father Christmas.
The presents under the tree are from whoever they're from (mum and dad, Nanny, aunty etc) but are delivered by Father Christmas. Bought and wrapped by the gift giver, then sent to the North Pole ready to go on the sleigh to be delivered Christmas eve!

Emptywishingwell Tue 26-Jul-16 12:47:42

We do Xmas eve hamper from the elves, stockings and one Santa pressie each the rest is from us.

SpringerS Sat 30-Jul-16 15:48:36

Christmas eve hamper is from us. Presents and stocking that appear under the tree on Christmas eve are from Santa. And presents from everyone else are either given in person or hidden somewhere in the room ahead of a skype call with the person who tells them where to look.

MarmaladeTeepee Sat 30-Jul-16 17:06:39

ChristmasZombie that's the same as I had growing up, I never thought to question that Santa was basically just the Christmas Day postie fgrin We had to take it in turns opening the presents too, with DM keeping a list of who'd given us what ready for writing our thank you letters the day after Boxing Day, there's no way she'd have let Santa get all the credit!

SideOrderofChip Sat 30-Jul-16 17:22:44

We send the money to Santa and he brings everything bar one or two

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now