1 year old presents

(15 Posts)
themumfairy Wed 13-Jul-16 13:20:54

What were your one year olds dc favourite things to play with?

Dd will be 1 three weeks after xmas so ill be getting her garden stuff for the summer as I'm sure she wont need anything else then. But i really dont want to end up with a load of plastic rubbish that will break before January. Im thinking of getting her some things for when she's 18months+ too.

SimplyNigella Wed 13-Jul-16 14:10:23

My DS is a January birthday and we bought (for either his first Christmas or birthday, can't remember which) a Plum wooden sand and water table set where the water table slides under the larger table for storage. It can be used indoors or outdoors and 18 months later he still loves it.

When he was 18 months we bought him a Cosy Coupe which is still a big favourite, plus he has a Plum wooden swing set (where the seat adjusts depending upon their age), a nest swing and a Little Tikes small slide and climbing frame. All highly recommended.

Zombiemama Thu 14-Jul-16 07:59:11

Dd got way to much but the things she plays with still are a little fisher price walkie with a tea set ontop. Megablocks,cookie jar shape sorter and shes taking a great interest in puzzles books and drawing now.

We got some garden summer items also a toddler trampoline which shes only started to be able to use from around 16 months and the cosy coupe was a big hit! A slide to slide into a ball pit gave hours of amusement and those little scuttlebugs. A crawl tunnel has been a big hit here too

She was never that interested in her activity cibe and those wee musical tables etc they just gather dust here!! Hope this helps

attheendoftheday Thu 14-Jul-16 11:01:54

The happyland bus was a big hit at that age, as was a board with lots of different locks on for fiddling with (think it was maybe by Melissa and Doug).

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Thu 14-Jul-16 21:17:29

My dd was 1 just before Christmas last year, things we've found she's played with lots: tomy eggs, fisher price piggy bank, a little tikes bath tea set. The biggest hit has been a baby stella soft doll & wooden walker pram & she is still playing with this daily now at 20 months.

Somewhat of a flop - we got her a beautiful wooden ride on toy which she loves to be pushed on but still can't do by herself (suspect its too heavy). So we've since ended up buying her the toddlebike2 which is fantastically light & easy for her to ride - would highly recommend!

Other things she enjoys playing with are happyland figures, duplo & playmobil 123. Oh & her brother's Wow Toys vehicles - we have the recycling truck & she LOVES pushing it around the house! She also likes our pop up play tent for playing peekaboo.

'thats not my...' books were a favourite at 12 months ish though she's got a bit bored of them now - current faves are 'Pip and Posy' and 'Lulu loves.....'.

MTWTFSS Thu 21-Jul-16 20:31:23

- Tomy Play to Learn Hide n Squeak Eggs
- Bath toys

Gingerbics Thu 21-Jul-16 20:38:46

Another vote for Tomy hide and squeak eggs, a helium balloon, a ball, keep it simple!

Doje Thu 21-Jul-16 20:40:33

Aquadoodle and a shape sorter were the best toys we got for that age.

UmbongoUnchained Thu 21-Jul-16 20:40:51

4 in 1 smart trike!

Wilberforce2 Thu 21-Jul-16 20:48:43

My little girl was bought the Leapfrog My Discovery House and didn't stop playing with it, it's nothing amazing but kids seem to love it. I have just passed it on to my nephew and my Sister has said that he won't put it down!!

Cozy Coupe Car, Little Tikes ride on pirate ship were both big hits oh and the ElC Lights and Sounds activity table!

georgetteheyersbonnet Thu 21-Jul-16 20:51:27

At just 1 DD got:

- a stocking containing: some chocolate coins, some bibs, a satsuma, some socks, an Abney and Teal sticker magazine with a pretend play phone gift, some bath ducks.

- some soft toys (Sarah and Duck and some IKEA soft toys), a play tea set, a Happyland farm, a pull-along hen, some wooden blocks and walker, some Elmer books, and a boat for the bath.

- her main present was a Pintoy wooden rocking horse (£20 from ebay in immaculate condition - seller just happened to be in the next village to ours! bargain!)

All of these seemed to go down very well, but possibly the thing greeted with the most immediate enthusiasm was the free plastic Abney and Teal play mobile phone which came with the Cbeebies magazine (typical hmm grin)

Paperblank Thu 21-Jul-16 20:51:35

Watching with interest...DD will be 10 months at Christmas and we're not actually going to get her very much. We were thinking just a token gift and putting money we would have spent in her bank account.

It does feel mean but she won't have any idea what all the fuss is about.

Equimum Thu 21-Jul-16 22:07:35

DS1 is 3.5 now and he was playing his first birthday present today.....his Little Tykes Cosy Coupe. His 10 month old brother was also having a whale of a time being pushed round in it. Definitely one of the most lived, and the best value toys we have had here.

Other things DS1 liked were chunky vehicles, a set of woods instruments and the Tomy Clip-Clop Knight.

FireflyGirl Thu 28-Jul-16 16:10:22

DS was 9 months at his first Christmas. His best toys were the Toot Toot house and garage. I rotate his other toys, but they are always out.

daisydalrymple Thu 11-Aug-16 23:17:40

Another vote for hide &squeak eggs. Also ELC stacking eggs, little duck inside 4 eggs. A couple of brio wooden cars for toddlers. Paddington dressing gown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now