Santa trains (maybe thomas?)

(7 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Thu 02-Jun-16 23:36:42

We are in North East London.
Can anyone recommend any easyish to get to trains you can go on to meet Father Christmas. Would love to make a day of it. Maybe a Thomas train (too much excitement?). Probably a steam train? Preferably some lovely twinkly lights and nice views. Just planning ahead...

HairsprayBabe Tue 07-Jun-16 13:13:56

www.northpoletrains.com/christmas-train-rides/southern-england.html

There are lots on this site that you can choose from, several in your area I think. It's like a directory so you can look further into the ones you are interested in.

I still remember going on the Santa Special when I was little totally magical!!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 07-Jun-16 19:41:46

Burnham-on-Crouch
Mangapps
We used to take our DC (my DS was obsessed with Thomas) they had the trains dressed up , usually a couple of steam trains and a couple of the carriages.
They did the Santa Steam Trains (they go to a little 'Santas Grotto' shed with an oil burner heater and Father Christmas) Each group/family gets off one at a time on the platform.

There was another steam train where Father Christmas walks through the carriage and chats to eat child (I'll try and find the name)

georgetteheyersbonnet Wed 08-Jun-16 01:09:34

There's a nice one (not Thomas) for smaller children at Audley End miniature railway - about 1hr from Liverpool Street station. Audley End house is next door (English heritage - beautiful views but expensive entry fees though if you're not a member!) The mainline station is a bit of a walk away from the miniature railway, but it's also easily gettable to by car.

BirdingWidow Fri 10-Jun-16 23:37:23

We are NE London too. There is the Epping-Ongar railway very nearby, and can drive or tube to the beginning, which starts with a vintage bus ride to the train station. I think that does a Santa train each year (lovely steam train engines - though carriages not restored so are a bit tired inside). I believe Santa is not in the train but at the Ongar station end where the train turns round. We have been, though not at Christmas and it is a good day out for a train mad toddler

umizoomi Sat 11-Jun-16 00:21:59

Go to Thomas land at Christmas?

ilovelamp82 Wed 20-Jul-16 22:49:08

Thomasland at Christmas is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now