Anyone been to Butlins at Christmas?

(6 Posts)
ChristmasZombie Sun 29-May-16 09:01:28

We've booked Butlins Christmas Fantasy at Minehead, 16th-19th December. Has anyone been before? We've been on two of their Just For Tots weeks recently (September 2015 and April of this year) and had a blast!

Notsure1234 Mon 13-Jun-16 23:04:49

I never knew they did a Christmas event and I go to Minehead Butlins at least once a year. I need to look into this! I thought they closed Nov-Feb.

We're going for Just for Tots this September and really looking forward to it.

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time

ChristmasZombie Sun 24-Jul-16 16:33:22

Butlins is open all year round, they even do Christmas day (I think I'd like to try that one year!).
We went to Just For Tots September last year and really enjoyed it. What accommodation have you booked?

sonlypuppyfat Sun 24-Jul-16 18:44:27

My friend went to the Skegness one at Christmas and she loved it

OvariesBeforeBrovaries Sun 24-Jul-16 18:56:29

We've done Minehead for the last two years (once was for a review for MN so we stayed in gold accommodation, the year after was because we loved it so much the first time!), it's fantastic! We went room-only the second time and had the food court dining package, it was brilliant. Although the main dining package where you get the choice of the two different restaurants was fantastic when we got that from MN!

Main things to be aware of -

- Start queuing for the panto VERY EARLY. If you can, get in the queue at least an hour before the doors are due to open. If you leave it until half an hour before, the queue will already be absolutely huge - stretching through the showdome, past the shops and out of the doors near the ice cream parlour!
- The show where they do the snow is fantastic. Great show and the snow is so magical for kids (glitter confetti but hey wink )
- Silent cinema looked amazing. Everyone sat in the deckchairs with headphones on watching Polar Express on the big screen!
- If you've got little ones, the puppet theatre is worth a watch.

It was an absolutely fantastic experience both times - gold accommodation with premium dining plan was fab obviously but we coped in room-only with the food court dining plan, and we'd do it again that way in a heartbeat!

We'd be going again this year but we're getting married on December 18th!

ChristmasZombie Sun 24-Jul-16 19:13:15

Thanks for your suggestions ovaries! We staying in a Park View Chalet. We've stayed here before, on a self-catering basis.
Our children are young, one will be just turned 4 (five days before we go) and the other will be 19 months. I don't think they'll deal too well with a lot of queuing, so we might not bother with the panto. Perhaps we'd be better to use that time for swimming or something.

Getting married just before Christmas! How wonderful! You might have snow for a real white wedding! I hope you have a wonderful wedding day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now