if you wrap early...

(62 Posts)
DorothyL Thu 24-Dec-15 07:46:31

...how do you remember what each thing is? Or do you not care? I put post it notes on to remind me but have been known to forget them on there, so had to whisk in quickly to scoop them off blush

NickNacks Thu 24-Dec-15 07:48:06

Dh and I shop and wrap together so one of us will definitely remember. Plus the person it is to helps narrow it down and I dunno, we must have good memories!

StarOnTheTree Thu 24-Dec-15 07:52:08

Spreadsheet grin

NeuNewNouveau Thu 24-Dec-15 07:54:04

Yep another spreadsheet here! Has a list of all the people, what they are getting and columns for whether I have bought it and wrapped it. When it is wrapped, they get labels on at the time so whilst I can't always remember exactly what is inside a present to someone who has several, I can usually work it out.

Squishyeyeballs Thu 24-Dec-15 08:03:32

I wrap at the start of december and rarely put tags on so the days before christmas are sometimes spent frantically shaking boxes to try and work out what might be in them/who they might be for fconfused Every. Year. Only saving grace is that santa doesn't wrap the stuff he brings here so it's only the gifts we have bought for others.

dementedma Thu 24-Dec-15 08:05:31

I wrap and gift tag early so I know who its for. Sometimes I forget what's in it so I get a nice surprise on Christmas day too!

ExplodingCarrots Thu 24-Dec-15 08:08:32

Xmas organiser app blush

SageYourResoluteOracle Thu 24-Dec-15 08:09:40

Same as Demented! Vicarious pleasure when DD unwraps things!

Clarella Thu 24-Dec-15 08:13:24

Omg.... Spreadsheets?!

I like the surprise myself!

Clarella Thu 24-Dec-15 08:14:26

I do colour code wrapping paper - one roll for ds, one for dh, one for in laws.

CremeBrulee Thu 24-Dec-15 08:20:48

Tag on every item - no need to know what in each package!

MonsterDeCookie Thu 24-Dec-15 08:22:19

I take photos of each present as I wrap and make an album for each person on my phone. I don't necessarily know what's in each individual package but I can look through each person's "pile" or album.

PopcornFrenzy Thu 24-Dec-15 08:24:16

I did all my shopping in October, wrapped it all and stuck it in the loft, yep I'll be getting a surprise along with the receiver fgrin

BonesyBones Thu 24-Dec-15 08:31:02

I use the same app as explodingcarrots and number everything on 2nd, removable labels, to match up with the lists.

FattySantaRobin Thu 24-Dec-15 08:35:57

I do the same as dementedma

Stickerrocks Thu 24-Dec-15 08:52:56

I'm with Clarella. One roll of paper for DH, one for DD. Then the system falls apart because anything they get for me is wrapped up in all the leftovers from all the other family presents I've done.

swooosh Thu 24-Dec-15 09:46:29

No more socks app!

AutumnLeavesArePretty Thu 24-Dec-15 10:07:29

Different paper for each and saves the need for tags. I don't need to know what's in each, I keep a list of what I've bought

Only tag and now gifts that are leaving the house to go to others.

rosaeva Thu 24-Dec-15 10:10:57

I haven't wrapped any of the kids stuff yet as it saves the hassle.

munkisocks Thu 24-Dec-15 10:48:26

Tags for every present saying who it's for. I don't know necessarily what's in each but one particular one says "hi I'm bing!" Every time I move it lol. Should have turned it off...

SwedishEdith Thu 24-Dec-15 10:54:21

I don't wrap early but pinched the colour-coded wrapping paper idea a few years ago. Which is great until you run out of one colour or someone else doesn't understand the system. Christmas always makes me realise I'm not as laid back as I like to think I am.

NoahVale Thu 24-Dec-15 10:56:16

i wrap on 23rd december, thus leaving 24th december for panic wrapping paper/labels/sellotape buying

MagicAlwaysLeadsToTrouble Thu 24-Dec-15 10:58:09

Wait....where is an app for Christmas?!?

haggisaggis Thu 24-Dec-15 11:02:03

I don't know what's in each present but I know who they're for. Presents outwith immediate family get put in a gift bag when wrapped and the gift bag is labelled. I find the labels stay on the gift bags but tended to come off the presents which is why I do it this way.
Presents for immediate family wrapped in one paper per person - no labels.

InMySpareTime Thu 24-Dec-15 11:16:09

I wrote a cryptic clue on each present, which I can use to remember what's what, and the recipient can puzzle over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now